What it's like to be me ....... for 7 hours anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What it's like to be me ....... for 7 hours anyway

Got a call from my boss (AKA my dad's college friend - AKA my best friend's dad). He said "How'd you like to make $150 bucks tomorrow night?"

I asked him what he had in mind.

Here's the deal:

I pick up his Escalade tomorrow evening, take it to Parks Airport and park it there, hop on his private jet and fly 40 minutes up to Ottumwa, IA, meet him up there at about 8:45P and then drive another of his Caddys back down here to LSL, MO while he takes his jet back down here.

I'm taking my 7 year old so it ought to be interesting father-son night.

say hi to Radar O'Riely for us

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Ottumwa is a shit-hole little town...do you think you can drop bombs on it from the G-V? :angry: (But...I'm not bitter...)

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
      Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
      Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke@Aug 12 2005, 10:11 PM
        say hi to Radar O'Riely for us

Nice job, Hanke. (Except in true Hanke form, you totally fucked up spelling "O'Reilly"...unless Radar spells it differently... )

Beat me to it...

Ottumwa was also home (at one point anyway) to the video game hall of fame...

I've been through that "fair city" more times than I can count...
        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933@Aug 12 2005, 11:15 PM
          Ottumwa is a shit-hole little town...do you think you can drop bombs on it from the G-V? :angry:  (But...I'm not bitter...)
          I grew up in Ottumwa and have nothing but happy Beaver Cleaver type memories. However, I was just back up there for a weekend in May and it was definitely waaaaaaaaay different than I had remembered. It looked like a dirty run-down river town.

--

There used to be a bakery right under the main bridge over the Des Moines river and it smelled so good. Drove by it when we were up there and it looks like it's been knocked down and replaced with a new building.

Ottumwa is also home to the world famous "Canteen." It's how Roseanne got her idea of the loose meat eatery her and her sister opened in her sitcom. Tom Arnold is from Ottumwa so that's how that show idea came about.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon@Aug 12 2005, 09:03 PM
            Got a call from my boss (AKA my dad's college friend - AKA my best friend's dad).  He said "How'd you like to make $150 bucks tomorrow night?"

I asked him what he had in mind.

Here's the deal:

I pick up his Escalade tomorrow evening, take it to Parks Airport and park it there, hop on his private jet and fly 40 minutes up to Ottumwa, IA, meet him up there at about 8:45P and then drive another of his Caddys back down here to LSL, MO while he takes his jet back down here.

I'm taking my 7 year old so it ought to be interesting father-son night.
            Jesus. Just excellent. Ride in a private jet, drive back in a Caddy with your son? Just couldn't get any better than that.

Is there some cool route you could take by the river?
            Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Originally posted by bombay+Aug 12 2005, 11:40 PM-->
              QUOTE(bombay @ Aug 12 2005, 11:40 PM)

Sounds like fun, man. Hope you have a great road trip.
              Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon+Aug 12 2005, 10:38 PM-->
                QUOTE(Damon @ Aug 12 2005, 10:38 PM)

Better check the trunk of the car for dead hookers or cocaine before hand.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man@Aug 12 2005, 11:26 PM
                  Better check the trunk of the car for dead hookers or cocaine before hand.

Moon
                  It's a trap.
                  Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                  "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Working...
                  X