Rumor alert: Grossman has broken ankle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor alert: Grossman has broken ankle

Just got a call from a buddy who is an on-air personality for ESPN Radio, Chicago. He got interrupted from dinner with his girlfriend to come into the studio. Story is that Rex Grossman has broken his ankle in the game vs. Rams and will be out for 6-8 weeks.
    Of course you do.

The NFL Network said he could be out 3 or 4 months.
    Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD@Aug 12 2005, 08:33 PM
      The NFL Network said he could be out 3 or 4 months.
      Knowing Chicago media, the NFL network is probably more accurate.
      Of course you do.

Comment

Are you familiar with WMAQ in Chicago? They are the ones who are reporting it. The NFL Network picked up their report.
        Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD@Aug 12 2005, 08:40 PM
          Are you familiar with WMAQ in Chicago? They are the ones who are reporting it. The NFL Network picked up their report.
          Can't say that I am familiar with MAQ.

WMVP is ESPN up here. I text paged the fella I was talking about earlier and you were right. Report is approx 12 weeks like you said you heard.
          Of course you do.

Comment

After last season's debacle, you'd think Jerry Angelo would've made backup quarterback an offseason priority. The Bears were 7-9 last season with the likes of Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel and Chad Hutchinson playing quarterback; 8-8 made the playoffs in the NFC.

Instead, the Bears have Hutchinson, Kurt Kittner and Kyle Orton now. Such negligence should be enough to get Angelo fired. I feel sorry for Lovie Smith, who is going to have his first two seasons sabotaged by his general manager not placing enough importance on the backup QB spot.

Comment

Bad break for Grossie, Lovie & the "Bad news" Bears

Comment

Tesyaverde's still available.

Snap him up quick. Speculation in Dallas has Parcells bringing him back to play #2 behind Bledsoe because he isn't happy with Henson or Romo so far. :o
                " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Aug 12 2005, 10:34 PM
                  After last season's debacle, you'd think Jerry Angelo would've made backup quarterback an offseason priority. The Bears were 7-9 last season with the likes of Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel and Chad Hutchinson playing quarterback; 8-8 made the playoffs in the NFC.

Instead, the Bears have Hutchinson, Kurt Kittner and Kyle Orton now. Such negligence should be enough to get Angelo fired. I feel sorry for Lovie Smith, who is going to have his first two seasons sabotaged by his general manager not placing enough importance on the backup QB spot.
                  Try 5-11.
                  Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownBluesFan+Aug 12 2005, 11:48 PM-->
                    QUOTE(ChiTownBluesFan @ Aug 12 2005, 11:48 PM)

That sucks. I have man-love for any Florida Gator. :(

Comment

I have no idea why I thought the Bears were 7-9. I hang my head in shame for giving them that much credit.

Maybe they were 5-9 and still somehow in the pathetic NFC playoff race at one point and I thought they ended up 7-9? I'm embarrassed for making such an egregious error.

Still, Angelo is an idiot for ignoring the backup QB spot for the second year in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Aug 12 2005, 10:34 PM

Back when they signed Muhammed, I wondered why they would commit all that money to a receiver with their quarterback situation. Grossman to me was a big gamble, I mean you didn't know whether he would develop into a legitimate starter. And now he's out 3 - 4 months.
                        LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Aug 13 2005, 02:53 AM
                          I have no idea why I thought the Bears were 7-9. I hang my head in shame for giving them that much credit.

Maybe they were 5-9 and still somehow in the pathetic NFC playoff race at one point and I thought they ended up 7-9? I'm embarrassed for making such an egregious error.

Still, Angelo is an idiot for ignoring the backup QB spot for the second year in a row.
                          ++

Although I will say Orton (sp?) has looked pretty good so far, I think they need to go out and sign a veteran now, whether that's a Jeff Blake or a Tim Couch.

As for Grossman, he's gonna end up having one of the highest per/game salaries ever, given the amount of games he'll actually end up playing on his contract.

The good news is, at the rate he keeps getting injured, everything in his body will eventually be made of titanium, so he should reach Robocop levels of indestruction at some point. Still, this has *got* to affect him mentally.
                          Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Santana+Aug 13 2005, 05:07 AM-->
                            QUOTE(DC Santana @ Aug 13 2005, 05:07 AM)
                          Working...
                          X