Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Think Of This PDA?

Well, here it is.j

Right now there is a special through the Palm website. $199 plus Free Shipping and a FREE 128MB Expansion Card.

Sounds like a good deal.

Someone here told me before they worked for Palm... can you give me some insights on this?

I appreciate everyone's thoughts.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

WS-

Do you really find the Palm useful?? What do you use it for?? I've had one..and it became nothing but a glorified organiser/phonebook...

Sony has a nice one out, too...

Comment

I really don't know, Wang.

This would be my first foray into the world of PDAs.

Due to that, I'm wary of spending a lot of money on a PocketPC right now. If I decide that that its extremely useful, then I may upgrade to a PocketPC with more features.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 1 2004, 08:02 PM
        I really don't know, Wang.

This would be my first foray into the world of PDAs.

Due to that, I'm wary of spending a lot of money on a PocketPC right now. If I decide that that its extremely useful, then I may upgrade to a PocketPC with more features.
        Winston-

I have found the PDA's not to be of as much use as first thought...

Organising is good..keeping contact details is good...

But when I tried to download emails, execute spreadsheets or type memos..I found the PDA to be very prohibitive. In fact, I bought a micro-PC and found this to be 100X more useful than the PDA..

Just my .02..

Comment

WS,

You'd be better off getting one of the combo PDA cell phones.

Blackberry is compatible with Verizon/Nextel/SprintPCS/Qualcomm

Handspring Treo with Cingular/T Wireless/Nokia

Kyocera also has a nice model @Verizon Wireless

Do you have a phone now?
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 1 2004, 10:31 PM
            WS,

You'd be better off getting one of the combo PDA cell phones.

Blackberry is compatible with Verizon/Nextel/SprintPCS/Qualcomm

Handspring Treo with Cingular/T Wireless/Nokia

Kyocera also has a nice model @Verizon Wireless

Do you have a phone now?
            WS,

I agree with JD...

Actually, that is exactly what i have done...

I have the PDA phone...it's GSM..not CDMA 2000..so...

But, it does email, organising, directory...

Only down-side..it is a little bulky for a mobile phone..so, it depends on personal preference here..

02 has a very nice model...as does QTek

Comment

I do have a mobile. My service is through Verizon.

Comment

How long have you had it?
                And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

I believe Handspring was bought out by Palm Inc., makers of the Tungsten E.

I currently have a Tungsten E and I'm happy with it. The problem for me, though, was finding a sync program that worked with Lotus Notes and my Palm OS. I finally did that yesterday and now I can use it the way it's suppose to work.

If you go to a lot of meetings where you need to call up information quickly, some sort of PDA may be useful to you. I bought mine because people would send me meeting invites, but I never entered them into my paper planner (too lazy) and figured that it was better to enter it into one calendar and then propogate that information easier with the Tungsten.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 1 2004, 11:43 PM
                    How long have you had it?
                    I've had my current plan for less than a year.

Comment

Working...
                    X