Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Originally posted by Guppy@Aug 12 2005, 04:50 AM
    Figured I'd get this going for you Rams fans since I am a nice guy

I can't find any game preview anywhere so here is some randomness

The new turf gets a workout by the guys

My guess is 24-16 Rams
    I'm going to go with 31-24 Bears. Our first and second team offense will roll up yards and points, but our secondary and absent pass rush will make Grossman look like a Pro Bowler. The good news is that TJ won't look so good against us as he did against Miami and their defense full of former Rams.
    On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Here is the yahoo preview

clicky

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- As a child, Ryan Fitzpatrick received a Jim Everett uniform as a Christmas present.

Everett, a quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams, was Fitzpatrick's favorite player. Fitzpatrick dreamed of wearing a Rams uniform while playing for them.

Fitzpatrick, a seventh-round draft choice from Harvard, will get his chance to wear a different Rams uniform Friday when St. Louis hosts the Chicago Bears in a preseason game. It is the opener for the Rams; the Bears beat the Miami Dolphins 27-24 in the Hall of Fame game on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Battling for the third quarterback position with Jeff Smoker, Fitzpatrick expects to play against Chicago. Marc Bulger will start, then backup Jamie Martin will take over. Fitzpartrick most likely will play the fourth quarter.

``It's going to be a really neat experience,'' said Fitzpatrick, whose family is flying in from Arizona to watch the game. ``I'm looking forward to putting on that uniform. I'll try to soak it all in.''

His constant companion has been his playbook. He reads and studies it every chance he gets.

``My girlfriend gets upset with me because it's a five-minute phone conversation, and then I've got to get into the book,'' Fitzpatrick said with a laugh. ``It's harder than any class I took at Harvard.''

That study could pay off as Fitzpatrick gets playing time in the preseason.

Rams coach Mike Martz will play his starters about a quarter. He would like them to get a feel for game situations. Then he will insert the backups and rookies.

``It's time to evaluate some personnel,'' said Martz, who was unhappy with how his team practiced Thursday in the Edward Jones Dome. ``It's more finding out who can handle the pressure of playing in the NFL.''

The Rams are coming off a seesaw season in 2004, winning their final two games to enter the playoffs at 8-8. St. Louis won the NFC wild-card game at Seattle, but lost in the next round to Atlanta.

The Bears finished in last place in the NFC North at 5-11.

Chicago coach Lovie Smith, a former defensive coordinator for Martz, said he is focused on coaching his club, though his fond memories of St. Louis remain.

``You never get a great place out of your system,'' Smith said. ``They're friends for life, but we have a job to do and that's what were going to do.''

The short week to get ready for the Rams has not been problematic, said Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner.

``Fortunately for us, offensively going against their defense, their defense is very, very similar to what our defense plays, so there will be a lot of carryover there,'' Turner said. ``So that'll help with a short week.''

Receiver Isaac Bruce said it's time for the Rams to play against another team.

``We have to prepare for someone else, and that's a good thing because we have been seeing the same faces around here it seems like forever,'' Bruce said.

He was looking forward to facing a team that won't already know what play they'll be running every time players line up a certain way.

``Everything will be new to them,'' he said.

Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott
      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

This matchup between Martz and Lovie Smith could be fun. It will be interesting to see how the Bears defense looks compared to the Rams. I always thought Smith's defenses were the key to the Rams being as good as they were. His defensive lines played smart and made a lot of big plays and scored when they needed to.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
        Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
        Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
        Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
        NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
        LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

I'll tune in to see the turf.

I can't get excited over a preseason game.
          RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
          You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

I'm interested to see just how much the linebacker core has been upgraded. Also interested to see if Jimmy Kennedy becomes a run stopping force up the middle. He has developed the Gilbert Brown body now it is time to develop the Gilbert Brown game.

Having said that, these questions won't really be answered until the first real game. I'll tune in to see the turf too.

I just saw on the post site that Butler may be out for the year. That could be a problem.

Comment

I'M GOING TO TEH GAME !!!1!1111!1 WOOT!11!11!!!1234

-RBB

Comment

Bear Down, Chicago Bears.
                Make every play clear the way to victory!
                Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly!

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation,
                With your T formation.

And let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy,
                of Illinois.

Chicago Bears, Bear Down!
                Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Last night preseason game in Green Bay at Lambeau. Raining all night. Full, raucous house, all night. Nobody left. Just sayin'. Sure, it's preseason, but if you're ready for some football...guess you gotta head to Green Bay.
                  Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Is the game on TV anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by bcruise@Aug 12 2005, 11:14 AM
                      Is the game on TV anywhere?
                      Fox 2 KTVI.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                      Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                      Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                      NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                      LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Originally posted by RedBirdBrain@Aug 12 2005, 09:05 AM
                        I'M GOING TO TEH GAME !!!1!1111!1 WOOT!11!11!!!1234

-RBB
                        Free tickets I hope
                        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by Lois Lane+Aug 12 2005, 11:16 AM-->
                          QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Aug 12 2005, 11:16 AM)

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan+Aug 12 2005, 10:16 AM-->
                          QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Aug 12 2005, 10:16 AM)

20-17 Rams.

Comment

Working...
                          X