X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reyes Still With Team In Chicago

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...E3?OpenDocument

Reyes mania

Pitcher Anthony Reyes accompanied the club to Chicago and will throw a side session at Wrigley Field before returning to Memphis. The club officially optioned Reyes on Wednesday to make room for outfielder Skip Schumaker. Reyes will have a chance to speak with friend, former college teammate and Cubs ace Mark Prior. Reyes phoned Prior shortly after learning of his call-up to start Tuesday.

Reyes spoke with his parents shortly after his riveting 6 1/3-inning performance, but they didn't watch the game. Living in a remote part of California, they don't have Internet access and relied on 5-minute updates from their daughter.

"They were very excited," Reyes said.

Now he could be there just to say hi to a friend, OR maybe waiting to take a spot on the roster. He can be activated if a player goes on the DL, or wait until next Friday and pitch again.

There could be nothing to it, or there could be something to it. I'll try my best to find out anything and post it.

There was this from today:

"Instead of sending him right back, he gets to spend a couple days with the club, keeps him in this environment and lets him see how the other (starters work)," pitching coach Dave Duncan said. "He can get acquainted with the guys instead of just spending that one day."

La Russa said September, when rosters expand, is also a time for the rookie to become familiar with the big-league surroundings.
    But thinking about him starting again is much more fun than side sessions.
    The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

Could they simply be getting him in the groove to be on the team next year? The consensus seems to be that the Cards won't re-sign at least one of their veteran pitchers.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
      Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
      Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
      Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
      NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
      LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

during the rain delay yesterday I was thinking about how if they had to play a doubleheader, they'd have to bring him back up to pitch again....in order to keep everyone on full rest.

With the forecast, I think it was a good idea to let him travel with the club.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Aug 12 2005, 09:58 AM
          during the rain delay yesterday I was thinking about how if they had to play a doubleheader, they'd have to bring him back up to pitch again....in order to keep everyone on full rest.

With the forecast, I think it was a good idea to let him travel with the club.
          Can't bring him up for 10 days after you send him down.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop+Aug 12 2005, 10:03 AM-->
            QUOTE(backstop @ Aug 12 2005, 10:03 AM)

Originally posted by Lois Lane@Aug 12 2005, 12:49 AM
            Could they simply be getting him in the groove to be on the team next year? The consensus seems to be that the Cards won't re-sign at least one of their veteran pitchers.
            Marquis or Suppan.

I think the Mulder question has been answered -- yesterday notwithstanding.
            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Working...
            X