Clear All
    With you or at you?
    • Feb 2004

Man forgets he has pipe bomb in luggage

Man says he forgot pipe bomb was in luggage
    Charged with trying to take device on plane, he says it was meant for fun
    Reuters
    Updated: 9:35 p.m. ET Aug. 11, 2005

OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma man told federal investigators he forgot a pipe bomb he built for fun was in his luggage when tried to board an airplane, according to court documents released Thursday.

Charles Alfred Dreyling Jr., 24, was charged Thursday with trying to carry the bomb aboard a Delta Airlines flight from Oklahoma City to Atlanta on Wednesday, according to the documents.

Dreyling was released Thursday on $10,000 bail. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

FBI agents and Oklahoma City police officers said the pipe bomb contained a metal cartridge filled with gunpowder attached to a detonator made from model rocket parts, according to an affidavit filed by the FBI.

Dreyling, a student at the University of Oklahoma, could have detonated the bomb using his cell phone battery, according to the affidavit.

Dreyling told investigators he made bombs for recreation and had recently set off several devices with friends in rural Oklahoma, according to the affidavit.
    Copyright 2005 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

© 2005 MSNBC.com

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8918879/

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy
  • DaLode
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by *007*@Aug 11 2005, 09:31 PM
    Man says he forgot pipe bomb was in luggage
    Charged with trying to take device on plane, he says it was meant for fun
    Reuters
    Updated: 9:35 p.m. ET Aug. 11, 2005

OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma man told federal investigators he forgot a pipe bomb he built for fun was in his luggage when tried to board an airplane, according to court documents released Thursday.

Charles Alfred Dreyling Jr., 24, was charged Thursday with trying to carry the bomb aboard a Delta Airlines flight from Oklahoma City to Atlanta on Wednesday, according to the documents.

Dreyling was released Thursday on $10,000 bail. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

FBI agents and Oklahoma City police officers said the pipe bomb contained a metal cartridge filled with gunpowder attached to a detonator made from model rocket parts, according to an affidavit filed by the FBI.

Dreyling, a student at the University of Oklahoma, could have detonated the bomb using his cell phone battery, according to the affidavit.

Dreyling told investigators he made bombs for recreation and had recently set off several devices with friends in rural Oklahoma, according to the affidavit.Copyright 2005 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

© 2005 MSNBC.com

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8918879/
    Boy those Okies sure know how to party hard.

Comment

• JWB
      • Feb 2004

What a moron.
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

• ChiTownBluesFan
        • Mar 2004

I call BS.

Maybe you build a pipe-bomb for fun. I'm guessing you don't do so inside a suitcase, and you don't put something in the suitcase like that by 'accident'.

He may be just a complete moron, but unless he was meaning to drive somwehre and decided to fly instead w/o repacking, I call BS.
        Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

• Burrito Brother
          • May 2005

Forget a handgun or a knife in your luggage, maybe, it's happened before.

But a pipe bomb. I don't think anyone could be that much of a dumbass.

Comment

• #1 Jimmy fan
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ChiTownBluesFan@Aug 12 2005, 09:54 AM
            I call BS.

Maybe you build a pipe-bomb for fun. I'm guessing you don't do so inside a suitcase, and you don't put something in the suitcase like that by 'accident'.

He may be just a complete moron, but unless he was meaning to drive somwehre and decided to fly instead w/o repacking, I call BS.

I'm with ya here. No way you dont know its in your suitcase.

Comment

• BringBackZezel
              El Guapo
              • Feb 2004

Let he hasn't left his home-made pipebomb in his luggage cast the first stone
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

• Donuts_For_Koharski
                • Jun 2004

He'll be handling other kind of pipes in the near future. Have fun in prison, moran.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

• BringBackZezel
                  El Guapo
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Donuts_For_Koharski@Aug 12 2005, 12:04 PM
                  He'll be handling other kind of pipes in the near future. Have fun in prison, moran.
                  by "pipes" do you mean penises?

Are you implying that he'll be handling penises in prison?

What will he do with them?
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                  The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

With you or at you?
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Aug 12 2005, 12:06 PM-->
                    QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Aug 12 2005, 12:06 PM)
                  • Donuts_For_Koharski
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Aug 12 2005, 11:06 AM-->
                    QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Aug 12 2005, 11:06 AM)
                  • BringBackZezel
                    El Guapo
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Donuts_For_Koharski+Aug 12 2005, 12:08 PM-->
                    QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Aug 12 2005, 12:08 PM)
                    Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Aug 12 2005, 11:06 AM
                  • big d note
                    • Mar 2004

Dreyling was released Thursday on $10,000 bail.
                    Doesn't that seem awfully low for somebody who tried to bring a pipe bomb on a plane? If his name was Falah Bakhityar al-Khuzaei that would probably be $100,000 bail or more.
                    You can't kill terror
                    So let's declare war
                    There's so many dead that we can't keep score

Comment

• ChiTownBluesFan
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by big d note@Aug 12 2005, 12:17 PM
                      Dreyling was released Thursday on $10,000 bail.
                      Doesn't that seem awfully low for somebody who tried to bring a pipe bomb on a plane? If his name was Falah Bakhityar al-Khuzaei, he'd be in Gitmo by now.
                      fiXed.
                      Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

• Bleacher Creature
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Burrito Brother@Aug 12 2005, 10:29 AM
                        Forget a handgun or a knife in your luggage, maybe, it's happened before.

But a pipe bomb. I don't think anyone could be that much of a dumbass.

If he's truly that stupid, he needs to be committed.
                        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                        X