Illini basketball fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illini basketball fans

Are you following the Brandon Rush saga? I'm sorry you're getting screwed with, but at least we're probably getting used in the process. That should cheer you up if you don't get him.
    On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

?

What, he's going to Kansas? Not going to Kansas?
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

What I heard was that a decision is coming any day. It better, school is about to start.
      It is between UI, KU and IU.

I could personally give a shit at this point. Getting hung up on high schoolers before they commit is pretty lame.
      I submit Exhibit A as proof of this.

Comment

I don't really want to read a six page thread at Illini board, so can someone tell me:

A) Is he related to Kareem?

B) Is that Marlon Piggie guy from the KC AAU teams involved?
        Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Those Illiniboard guys are obsessed w/ high schoolers.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Aug 11 2005, 08:26 PM
            Those Illiniboard guys are obsessed w/ high schoolers.
            Nothing is more pathetic than that board in the summer time.
            It is run like a Nazi Prison camp by the mods there year round.

Comment

Originally posted by bombay@Aug 11 2005, 08:25 PM
              I don't really want to read a six page thread at Illini board, so can someone tell me:

A) Its his younger brother.

B) I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Beetlebop70+Aug 11 2005, 07:33 PM-->
                QUOTE(Beetlebop70 @ Aug 11 2005, 07:33 PM)

Originally posted by bombay@Aug 11 2005, 07:25 PM

A. He's the younger brother of JaRon and Kareem.

B. No, that guy's involvement with anything basketball related ended some time ago.

WRT the other question, Rush hasn't committed anywhere yet and I seriously doubt he's "down" to KU, IU, and Illinois. He was on a visit yesterday to Indiana and has "talked" about visiting KU but, for some bizzare reason, hasn't just driven the 30 minutes to get there (I think he's attention whoring). The guy who knows the situation best (Eric Bossi) says that his information suggests that if KU gets a visit, then MU will get one too.

School starts in two to three weeks in most places, so he better get on with it if he's going to go to college. He's looked into staying at BMG and just working out all year (presumably on Kareem's dime) and entering the draft next year. Considering how little time is left before he makes a decision, I'm guessing that option is becoming increasingly likely.

FWIW, Illini board fans are hung up on recruiting because 1) Weber hasn't proven he's a good recruiter yet [I think he'll be fine] and they have a little anxiety and 2) for some reason they are generally a little less secure in their program's status than I think they should be.
                On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Working...
                X