It is a happy day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a happy day!

Getting the job allowed me to finally be able to afford DirecTV. And it's set up and equipped with Tivo. And it's equipped movie channels so I can watch The Sopranos. And it's equipped with NBA TV, the NFL Network, and the MLB Extra Innings package. And I can't wait to finally have NFL Sunday Ticket in the autumn.

The bad news is that it's allergy season.

Congrats!

But will you have the time to watch any of it?
    Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

THat's what he has the TiVo for.

Excellent choice, Dev, and I"m happy for you.

I guess you must be making a lot of scratch at that new job, what with all the packages you bought =]

"Bumped" into Lisa D yet?
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

See, you Needed DirecTV when you Weren't working.

But good God, Sunday Ticket is amazing.

Comment

CheesesteakDude: Depends on my work schedule. Some days I'll be able to, others I won't. But I'll be able to watch on weekends, which is most important because Football is The Only True Religion. I'll only work one weekend a month after I'm fully trained in everything that goes on in the vault. And as Winston said, there is Tivo too.

Winston: Yes! I ran into Lisa D in line at the News Cafe yesterday. She was behind me, I turned around, and there was Lisa with a salad in hand! She made some joke but I don't remember it...I was too mesmerized by her breasts. Seriously, she asked if she'd seen me before. I reminded her I had spoken to her a couple times way back when I was an intern. She acted like she remembered but I'm sure she didn't. But she was looking GORGEOUS. My god, the shirt she was wearing would've split apart if it were any tighter. Oh, and I'm not making much at the new job but I have full benefits and for now am staying at my parents house so I'm saving a lot of money that otherwise would've gone towards rent. Plus, my parents were nice enough to pay for the DTV equipment and the baseball package as a birthday/congrats on the new job present.

Backstop: Tell me about it. Unfortunately, the apartment I lived in while in Pittsburgh wouldn't allow me to get DirecTV. I don't care if I can only use it on Sundays--the whole point of DirecTV is to be able to watch every NFL game.

Comment

Dev, that was a nice gift from your parents. I think the MLB package would be excellent to have in the summer. Really, there isn't much else on. Sadly, I"m not allowed to get it.

I'm so jealous of you yukking it up w/ Lisa D in the lunch line. One thing about her from the photos and TV, she is as beautiful as she is hot. And, it seems from what youv'e said, nice as well. That's awesome.

Just an added bonus with the job.
            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

You are da man! CONGRATS!

Comment

your parents rock.

Let them know my bday is in Sept. I can get a new job, if it gets me sunday ticket.
                Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Congrats Dev.

I loved Extra Innings.
                  Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I was thinking about Extra Innings this year -- the first time I've been able to get it -- but blew my baseball budget on tickets instead.

Comment

I am getting mlb.tv. It's cheaper and I want to see how I like it for a month.

I should probably do that soon, huh?

Isn't there a game tomorrow? BoSox? My favorite AL (even above the Angels) team.

Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I had Extra Innings last year on digital cable. It's a great package to have. The best part about it, as a Cardinals fan, is that Extra Innings usually gives you the home team feed. That meant very few games with the McLaughlin/Hrabosky duo. Most Cardinals games were with Joe Buck or the opposing announcers.

Comment

Directv is great. Combine that with a a Tivo and you can 'anything you ' 'anytime you want'.

I seldom watch live TV. Cards, Rams games...thats' about it.

As for off the beaten patch TV try the NFL network.

You are gonna love this.
                          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Congrats Dev -

Got a hint for you - two spanish TV stations - you'll see what I mean.
                            Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                            God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 1 2004, 07:22 PM
                              Getting the job allowed me to finally be able to afford DirecTV. And it's set up and equipped with Tivo. And it's equipped movie channels so I can watch The Sopranos. And it's equipped with NBA TV, the NFL Network, and the MLB Extra Innings package. And I can't wait to finally have NFL Sunday Ticket in the autumn.

The bad news is that it's allergy season.
                              Congrats, Dev. My brother-in-law got NFL ticket and it was so great, I've offered to pay for half of the cost in'04!

NO MORE BEING HELD HOSTAGE by the St. Louis TV stations, NFL blackout rules, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X