Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A rumor I heard yesterday re: Dusty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A rumor I heard yesterday re: Dusty

    Disclaimer: This is a classic "I heard this from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy," but hell, this is the Internets, so who cares.

    Anyway, supposedly, the Cubs have already contacted Girardi in some capacity regarding their manager position.

    Huge grain of salt, of course. Just throwing it out there.

  • #2
    they would be much better off.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

    Comment


    • #3
      It would break my heart to see Dusty go.

      However, I do have confidence that Hendry will find a total incompetent to replace him.
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JWB@Aug 11 2005, 11:03 AM
        It would break my heart to see Dusty go.

        However, I do have confidence that Hendry will find a total incompetent to replace him.


        Girardi ? What about Brenly, he's fairly incompetent...
        I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

        Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

        Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

        Bill Walton

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by davhaf+Aug 11 2005, 11:15 AM-->
          QUOTE(davhaf @ Aug 11 2005, 11:15 AM)

        • #6
          Originally posted by davhaf+Aug 11 2005, 11:15 AM-->
          QUOTE(davhaf @ Aug 11 2005, 11:15 AM)

        • #7
          Oh yeah - I keep forgetting about him. That's the other name that keeps popping up.
          Of course you do.

          Comment


          • #8
            Isn't Zimmer available?
            Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

            Comment


            • #9
              Rumor also has it the Yankees and Steinbrenner continue to groom Girardi for the managerial position in the Bronx once Torre leaves for that coveted position at Olive Garden.

              Besides, Girardi deserves better. <_<
              "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

              "Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

              Comment


              • #10
                A talked to a guy who reads the Chicago Tribune and he says the word on the street is that the Cubs are going to try something new -- a College of Coaches system, in which three or four people (Ron Santo, Steve Stone, Dave Kingman and that little girl in the icon photo) will take turns managing the team.
                "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                --Albert Einstein

                Comment


                • #11
                  Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Aug 11 2005, 01:20 PM
                  A talked to a guy who reads the Chicago Tribune and he says the word on the street is that the Cubs are going to try something new -- a College of Coaches system, in which three or four people (Ron Santo, Steve Stone, Dave Kingman and that little girl in the icon photo) will take turns managing the team.

                  Funny. Only the old folks on the board understand this.

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by Celtic+Aug 14 2005, 10:54 AM-->
                    QUOTE(Celtic @ Aug 14 2005, 10:54 AM)

                  • #13
                    Now I understand this weekend's series.

                    Tony LaRussa and the Cardinals, concerned that they might have to put up with legitimate competiton, tanked the series with the Cubs in order to ensure the surivial of Dusty Baker.

                    With him firmly ensconced as the manager, they have little to worry about the remainder of this year or next.

                    -RBB

                    Comment


                    • #14
                      Originally posted by RedBirdBrain@Aug 15 2005, 12:09 PM
                      Now I understand this weekend's series.

                      Tony LaRussa and the Cardinals, concerned that they might have to put up with legitimate competiton, tanked the series with the Cubs in order to ensure the surivial of Dusty Baker.

                      With him firmly ensconced as the manager, they have little to worry about the remainder of this year or next.

                      -RBB
                      No wonder TLR is a genius.
                      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                      You'll never be forgotten.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X