TLR = Genius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLR = Genius?

I personally hate the Riverfront Times and everything in it, but I saw this on the cover today and couldn't look away. Apparently LaRussa has formed a secret team known as the "Shadow Cardinals" that consists of middle-aged former big leaguers.

Most interesting quote -

Sources tell the Riverfront Times that if the Cardinals, picked by most to finish third in the National League's Central Division this year, aren't near the top of the standings at the All Star break, Tony La Russa's "Shadow Cardinals," as the Manhattan Project members have come to be known, will be brought in, the products of a revolutionary theory the Hall of Fame-bound manager has been tinkering with for eight years.
    Is this something that everyone knows about, and if so is the RFT just trying to make a big deal of nothing?

Source
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Nice pic...someone's happy....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Main Entry: sat·ire
      Pronunciation: 'sa-"tIr
      Function: noun
      Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin satura, satira, perhaps from (lanx) satura dish of mixed ingredients, from feminine of satur well-fed; akin to Latin satis enough -- more at SAD
      1 : a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn
      2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly
      synonym see WIT

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Apr 1 2004, 02:22 PM

Main Entry: sat·ire
        Pronunciation: 'sa-"tIr
        Function: noun
        Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin satura, satira, perhaps from (lanx) satura dish of mixed ingredients, from feminine of satur well-fed; akin to Latin satis enough -- more at SAD
        1 : a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn
        2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly
        synonym see WIT
        Sorry. The RFT is so out there that I rarely know how to take them. Which is why I swore them off the last time.

Comment

Just my guess, but look at the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Apr 1 2004, 02:20 PM

Nice pic...someone's happy....
            Is that a roll of quarters in his pocket or is he just glad to see Bobby Knight?
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 1 2004, 02:19 PM
              I personally hate the Riverfront Times and everything in it, but I saw this on the cover today and couldn't look away. Apparently LaRussa has formed a secret team known as the "Shadow Cardinals" that consists of middle-aged former big leaguers.

Most interesting quote -

Sources tell the Riverfront Times that if the Cardinals, picked by most to finish third in the National League's Central Division this year, aren't near the top of the standings at the All Star break, Tony La Russa's "Shadow Cardinals," as the Manhattan Project members have come to be known, will be brought in, the products of a revolutionary theory the Hall of Fame-bound manager has been tinkering with for eight years.
              Is this something that everyone knows about, and if so is the RFT just trying to make a big deal of nothing?

Source
              Sounds like someone just read The DaVinci Code...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

It would probably be wrong to bump this thread just to embarrass Turd, so I won't do it.
                I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 1 2004, 02:19 PM
                  Apparently LaRussa has formed a secret team known as the "Shadow Cardinals" that consists of middle-aged former big leaguers.

Hell, half of the 2004 Cardinals team is already made up of middle-aged former big leaguers
                  “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Apr 1 2004, 02:41 PM
                    It would probably be wrong to bump this thread just to embarrass Turd, so I won't do it.
                    I appreciate you considering my feelings and not bumping this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson+Apr 1 2004, 02:41 PM-->
                      QUOTE (Turd Ferguson @ Apr 1 2004, 02:41 PM)

Originally posted by kaiser+Apr 1 2004, 02:43 PM-->
                      QUOTE (kaiser @ Apr 1 2004, 02:43 PM)
                      Originally posted by Turd [email protected] 1 2004, 02:41 PM

No need to thank me, really.
                      I'm always right.

Comment

No. I am indebted to you for saving me such embarrassment. That really could have ruined my reputation.

Comment

Turd:

I know. I've never really been in a similar situation, but I can only imagine the total shame you must have felt. Good thing that it's gone largely unnoticed.
                          I'm always right.

Comment

• Working...
                            X