Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards release some Opening Day info

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH ANNOUNCES PLANS TO THROW OUT CARDINALS’ CEREMONIAL FIRST PITCH;
    Player introductions to begin at 1:25 p.m. Fans asked to arrive early.

ST. LOUIS, March 31, 2004 – The St. Louis Cardinals were officially informed today by the White House staff that President George W. Bush plans to be in attendance for the Cardinals’ season opening game with the Milwaukee Brewers on Monday, April 5, and the team is pleased to announce that the President will throw out the season’s ceremonial first pitch. Game time for the season opener is set for 3:10 p.m. CDT.
    President Bush will be joined in the Opening Day festivities by U.S. Air Force Sgt. Kelly Grant-Ramstack, who will perform our national anthem. Also in attendance will be several of the team’s Hall-of-Famers, including Stan Musial, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock, Red Schoendienst and Ozzie Smith.
    The Cardinals are planning a full schedule of pre-game entertainment for our fans, including a pre-game concert. Details will be released shortly. A highlight of the pre-game program will be the traditional motorcade parade of Cardinals players in bright-red Ford vehicles. The Cardinals motorcade will begin at 1:25 p.m. CDT as the ballclub introduces its 2004 team to the Busch Stadium fans. Cardinals’ broadcaster Mike Shannon will serve as the master of ceremonies for the day’s pre-game festivities.
    Cardinals’ fans are being encouraged to arrive at the ballpark early to avoid congestion in and around Busch Stadium. Gates will open at 11:10 a.m. on Monday and the team is encouraging fans to enter the ballpark early to avoid missing the start of the game and President Bush’s ceremonial first pitch. Each person entering Busch Stadium on opening day will be required to pass through a metal detector and all bags will be searched. For more information on the security procedures at Busch Stadium, please reference the press release from early today or visit the Cardinals website at www.stlcardinals.com
    Monday’s season opener will be televised by FOX Sports Midwest and the radio broadcast can be heard on KMOX 1120 AM and the Cardinals radio network. The team announced several weeks ago that the season opener is sold out.
    As with all Cardinals weekday day games, the team encourages fans to use Metrolink and due to the new ballpark construction to consider many of the parking options North of Busch Stadium. A map detailing streets, parking lots and sidewalks that have been affected by the new ballpark construction can be found at www.stlcardinals.com.

(endit)

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Metrolink.
    Kreigers.
    Alcohol.
    Yelling.
    Bush.
    More Yelling.
    Cardinals.
    Even More Yelling.
    Kreigers.
    Metrolink.

Sounds like a good day to me!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Might want to leave your house RIGHTFUGGINNOW to get in line at the gates.
      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Apr 1 2004, 01:58 PM
        Metrolink.
        Kreigers.
        Alcohol.
        Yelling.
        Bush.
        More Yelling.
        Cardinals.
        Even More Yelling.
        Kreigers.
        Metrolink.

Sounds like a good day to me!
        that's about it
        Are you on the list?

Comment

I'll be drinking for sure, both in and around the park...

Comment

I guess this means I have to leave my gun-shaped flask at home.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Apr 1 2004, 02:10 PM

I probably should take my butane cigar lighter off my keychain...

Comment

what is the concert going to be, I wonder?
                Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Apr 1 2004, 02:10 PM
                  Pay no attention to that guy in the dark suit and sunglasses sitting next to you. He's there for the peanuts.
                  Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Apr 1 2004, 02:16 PM
                    what is the concert going to be, I wonder?
                    I hope it's Chingy and Nelly... representin' tha loo.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Apr 1 2004, 02:17 PM-->
                      QUOTE (steveInebriated @ Apr 1 2004, 02:17 PM)

Originally posted by 007+Apr 1 2004, 02:19 PM-->
                      QUOTE (007 @ Apr 1 2004, 02:19 PM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2004, 02:17 PM

I still do not understand why the fuck that monkey Bush has to come to St. Louis. Is it because the game is in Busch Stadium? Maybe he thought, "Hehe, that's funny, I'd be a Bush in a Busch! Hehe!" :rolleyes: Tell that moron to go to Texas, we're all full up on bullshit here!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenotebacker@Apr 1 2004, 02:24 PM
                        I still do not understand why the fuck that monkey Bush has to come to St. Louis. Is it because the game is in Busch Stadium? Maybe he thought, "Hehe, that's funny, I'd be a Bush in a Busch! Hehe!" :rolleyes: Tell that moron to go to Texas, we're all full up on bullshit here!
                        Evidently you don't realize that he's good friends w/ Cards ownership and Missouri is a 'swing' state...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenotebacker@Apr 1 2004, 02:24 PM
                          I think it's because the Cardinals figured downtown was already going to be a nightmare anyway with all the new stadium construction going on, what's a little thing like the President showing up going to hurt? I love Opening Day but I'm actually glad I'm not going this year.

Someone else said it - LEAVE NOW if you want to get there by the first pitch.
                          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

• Working...
                            X