Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bush admin's false bravado

Folks,

There are some of us who look at the U.S like Buford Pusser. We carry the "big stick", and when we speak, other people are supposed to jump, or get the crap beat out of them.

Well, ther reality in 2004, is that that big stick may be as well be a paper weight. The factions in the middle east don't give a damn about what we're supposed to represent. How egomaniacal are we to think that we can just show up, and generations of infighting, outfighting, and haterd are just going to stop?

Look, we got rid of Saddam. Now, let's get the hell out of that god forsaken hell hole and bring everyone back home.

This effort is wasting a lot of money and other rescources, but, most importantly, it's wasting lives, NEEDLESSLY.

I see alot of armchair warriors cheering from the sidelines. If you're that much in favor of this effort, stop your damn cheering from your easy chair, and get your ass down to the recruitment office.
    Make America Great For Once.

Kev: Good post. With rumors of the Military Draft being re-started in 2005, I believe that many of the armchair warriors you talk about will take a much more serious look at both this Iraqi occupation and the tough talking, saber rattling Bush Administration-- and their axis-of-evil, which probably should be expanded to include Syria.

I would guess that the families with military-service age kids will seriously re-consider their enthusiastic follow-the-leader, rally-around-the-flag patriotism that present polls indicate. Watching an all-volunteer Army suffer the sacrifices of war is one thing. But, the very real possibility of having your own son or daughter's life turned completely upside down-- with the added thought of death or dismemberment in some far off god-forsaken country-- is quite another.

Up to now, it' possible that many Americans, sitting in their armchair, feel like they are watching a movie-- a free one, at that. If the draft is re-instated, we'll see how they feel.
    Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

The picture on the front page of the PD speaks in loud decibles.
      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Apr 1 2004, 07:58 AM
        The picture on the front page of the PD speaks in loud decibles.
        I agree, but what do we do? Leave? I really don't see how that doesn't make the situation even worse. We left in 1991 without finishing the job and look where that got us.

Staying isn't a particularly good option. Nobody wants to be in Fallujah. Do we bring in more troops and get more aggressive? Obviously that would only piss off the "hearts and minds" more.

It's a f-ing problem, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by andyfin+Apr 1 2004, 08:58 AM-->
          QUOTE (andyfin @ Apr 1 2004, 08:58 AM)

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Apr 1 2004, 09:04 AM
          a problem your guy got us into.
          So the fuck what?

Do you look at the American bodies hanging from the bridge and say "yippee! more trouble for Bush!"

Do you?

Comment

Originally posted by andyfin+Apr 1 2004, 09:06 AM-->
            QUOTE (andyfin @ Apr 1 2004, 09:06 AM)

Originally posted by andyfin+Apr 1 2004, 09:06 AM-->
            QUOTE (andyfin @ Apr 1 2004, 09:06 AM)

Part of the mess is because we aren't executing as well as we should. We need to be tougher on the threats there -- particularly Fallujah.

Vietnam showed us that you can't hold back. Fully commit or don't commit at all.
            "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by andyfin+Apr 1 2004, 08:58 AM-->
              QUOTE (andyfin @ Apr 1 2004, 08:58 AM)

All you potential Bush voters: Be forewarned that guys like Razzy and SchoolBoy think of you as an "asshole" and a "fucking fuckhead."

I'll take that into consideration while I make up my mind 2004.

Zezel, that's what I said: We should have stayed in Iraq and removed Saddam in '91.

If we leave now, aren't we setting ourselves up for a similar repeat later?

"Fucking fuckheads" need not respond.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Apr 1 2004, 05:23 AM
                The Bush admin's false bravado
                Bush: "Bring it on."

Good post The Kev.
                2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

I don't. But I also don't favor rewarding the guy that got us into the mess with a vote for him in 2004.
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by andyfin@Apr 1 2004, 09:22 AM
                    All you potential Bush voters: Be forewarned that guys like Razzy and SchoolBoy think of you as an "asshole" and a "fucking fuckhead."

I'll take that into consideration while I make up my mind 2004.

Zezel, that's what I said: We should have stayed in Iraq and removed Saddam in '91.

If we leave now, aren't we setting ourselves up for a similar repeat later?

"Fucking fuckheads" need not respond.
                    It didn't matter if we removed Saddam in 1991.

If we'd stayed in Saudi Arabia (as we did) terrorist hatred toward the US would still be there.

If we pull out of Iraq today and still keep troops in Saudi Arabia they'll still hate us just as much.

The ONLY sure-fire solution is to pull completely out of the Middle East and watch the fuckers blow each other up.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

if we would have removed saddam in '91 our troops would not have needed to be stationed in SA.
                      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

• Working...
                        X