Shortstops and trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortstops and trades

I got my fantasy team handed to me yesterday morning. I drafted ss's high cos I wanted to have a lot in case I didn't get Pujols or someone almost as cool.

So, I got Jeter and Renteria and the dolt who got Pujols (Dodger fan) has Orlando Cabrera.

What are the chances he'll take one of my ss's? Is it bad to hope that Orlando Cabrera gets a thumbtack in his shoe or something? Oh, I kid. Kinda. (the dodger fan is most likely the easiest to deal with in this league, thank goodness)

I got Magglio again this year too. I have always liked that guy. And Vidro and Soriano too.

My pitchers are okay, but I really wanted Javy Vazquez and I got him.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Does he believe (incorrectly, I might add) Jeter is the best shortstop in the American League?

If so, he may be interested in Jeter. I doubt he'd be interested in Cabrera. Good luck prying Pujols away from him if he is anything resembling a smart fantasy baseball participant. Pujols is gold. Find something (or a combination of things) worth more than gold and you may interest him. However, you need to go into the "negotiations" with the mindset that your team does not need Pujols. The minute he senses that you cannot live without Albert you've just increased the guy's asking price.

Comment

I know.

He has cabrera. He needs Jeter or Rent.

I expect him to decline the trade I offered and then we work something else out.

I dont' think he is that impressed with Pujols, but even if he was, he probably wouldn't tell me. They're still mad that I did so well in football this year.

Comment

I got a situation I would like some input on too. I am trying to upgrade my second baseman. I have Luis Castillo there right now, and Carlos Delgado ar first, someone offered me a trade of Delgado to them for Alfonso Soriano and Rafael Palmeiro. Being as Palmeiro is rather old, and soriano is now by himself in texas, do you guys think I should do it or not?
        FML

Comment

Originally posted by COACH REGGIE@Mar 31 2004, 12:36 PM
          I got a situation I would like some input on too. I am trying to upgrade my second baseman. I have Luis Castillo there right now, and Carlos Delgado ar first, someone offered me a trade of Delgado to them for Alfonso Soriano and Rafael Palmeiro. Being as Palmeiro is rather old, and soriano is now by himself in texas, do you guys think I should do it or not?
          Is it a keeper league?

Regardless, Soriano will go nuts in Arlington. It's the best hitter's park after Coors.

I'd do it. Raffy will be fine this year. Even if it's a keeper league, you are trading 1 keeper for another, and Soriano goes top 5 in drafts whereas Delgado is probably top 15.

It's actually a fairly lopsided trade in your favor.
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Mar 31 2004, 12:30 PM
            I know.

I expect him to decline the trade I offered and then we work something else out.

I dont' think he is that impressed with Pujols, but even if he was, he probably wouldn't tell me. They're still mad that I did so well in football this year.
            If I had Cabrera, I would not trade for a SS besides A-Rod or a healthy Nomar (maybe Tejada) at the expense of Pujols.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Mar 31 2004, 12:30 PM
              I know.

I didn't mean to type "He doesn't want Cabrera". I goofed, sorry.

Comment

Frankly, I'm surprised that no one asked for my opinion on this topic.
                I'm always right.

Comment

Yeah. I have to decide how bad I want to keep my Pujols having tradition.

It may be that it's worth it to me not to get him. I have to prepare for that possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy+Mar 31 2004, 12:39 PM-->
                    QUOTE (dvyyyyyy @ Mar 31 2004, 12:39 PM)

To the people who ask fantasy league advice......."I'd love to manage against you every day of the week."

Coach Reggie....Do the deal. two horses are better than one in FL
                    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

So anyway, I just went and looked at my league.

Funny people.

The one guy has only Cleveland Indians as his pitchers. In his batting lineup he has mostly Indians and a few Red Soxes.

--------

And I am here talking about this stuff and not necessarily asking questions, but if one has a problem with that, one could always avoid the thread altogether and whatnot.

Comment

If I had Cabrera, I wouldn't offer much to get Jeter, if anything.

To get Pujols, you'd have to give me Soriano and then some.

Coach Reggie...I agree with those who say that's a steal.

Comment

Do whatever you can to get Tino.

He's on pace for 162HR and 486 hits.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Tino didn't homer today so he is on pace for hitting only 81 homers now, I think. He went 0-3. Not doing the rest of that math.

I think that if he turns down my Pujols offer, I will either make some crappy re-offer or just forget it. I know I won't end up in last place cos the resident Indian fan is around to save me from that sort of trauma.

Comment

• Working...
                              X