Women like singing guy songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women like singing guy songs

Might be another thread that is doomed. Good reality check to know how far down in the gutter I am for doing karaoke. Much as I love it, it creates a lot of disdain. It's ok. If anyone wants to get together at Carsons, or the Brick or someplace close to Busch after a day game and sing a few---well---it's not enough that I do this 7 nights a week---I want some afternoon gigs after Cardinal games. Anyway, I've been noticing an awful lot of guy songs are being sung by women. Everything by Journey. Sweet Child of mine. Sometimes they want to sing both parts of Paradise by Meatloaf. Baby got Back and Bust a move, Tone Lok's Wild Thing. Bob Seger songs. Zoot suit Riot. Not many guys sing girl songs. One guy tries to do both parts of Summer nights. I like doing Whitney Houston's I wanna dance with somebody an octave lower---I sometimes use it to punish a crowd that's a little reluctant to sing. Funky town works for me---they don't even complain. Rickie Lee Jones' Danny's All-star joint. Man, look at the time.
    v

These things are natural progressions mate. My FAVORITE song of all time could put me in that commercial with the kid in the back seat singing, enthusiastically, "I Feel Like A Woman.

It's a song (it's an old one) by Nancy Wilson called 'Guess Who I Saw Today'. Probably the ONLY song where I know all the lyrics. Don't know why but it just touched me.

I suspect that's the way some of the songs are with women.

Comment

KJ-

You ever Karaoke @ ???...on Chippewa very close to River Des Peres...Italian named restaurant??

Last time I was in town..my brother took me there...damn...it was a mad house..crazy karaoke going on...

Living in China...I have been to more karaoke bars than any human should be forced to...but, for some reason...after a few drinks..it's all good.

My fave..."Suspicious Minds"...Elvis..

Cheers..

Comment

I go to "Kars" a Chinese, exquisite restaurant in Lincoln (north England) at least twice a week. Usually, when I'm there with one of my kids. I have a 'routine' so I only eat once a day and therefore, it has to fall into their eating patterns, so we're usually the FIRST table available. But the restaurant doesn't open up to 'the public' until 6 p.m.

We get there at 5 and have a few drinks upstairs. Right next to the Karaoke room. They're all Chinese in there.

You really hit an open nerve. Next to Suspicious Minds would be 'New York, New York' by Frank. I can't do the BAD and hilarious mispronounciation of those words but it never fails to get us in a good mood before dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 31 2004, 02:36 AM
          KJ-

You ever Karaoke @ ???...on Chippewa very close to River Des Peres...Italian named restaurant??

Last time I was in town..my brother took me there...damn...it was a mad house..crazy karaoke going on...

Living in China...I have been to more karaoke bars than any human should be forced to...but, for some reason...after a few drinks..it's all good.

My fave..."Suspicious Minds"...Elvis..

Cheers..
          suspicious minds just rules, such an excellent karoke song! puts you in a mood to sing like no one's watching, when actually everyone is!

Comment

What's the problem here? Reggie likes singing women songs and we don't complain.

Comment

I do the entire catalog from "Mame" every morning in the shower.

Comment

I believe Tone Loc spells his name with a c not a k. Sorry.

Comment

You haven't lived until you've seen pgrote do his rendition of "It's raining men" ...
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Mar 31 2004, 08:59 AM
                    You haven't lived until you've seen pgrote do his rendition of "It's raining men" ...
                    True. All at once, it makes you glad to be both alive and American.
                    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay+Mar 31 2004, 02:57 AM-->
                      QUOTE (MsFunkay @ Mar 31 2004, 02:57 AM)

The only time I ever did karaoke, I did 2 Elvis Costello songs & one PJ Harvey. It was a decent night...or so I'm told.
                      "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. "
                      -- Dennis, Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Comment

Originally posted by Nebulous_Blue@Mar 31 2004, 08:19 PM
                        The only time I ever did karaoke, I did 2 Elvis Costello songs & one PJ Harvey. It was a decent night...or so I'm told.
                        Which Elvis tunes...

let me guess...

Chelsea (I dont wanna go)...Oliver's Army

Reason being...these likely would be "poppy" enough to be on a Karaoke play list...

Comment

Actually, it was "Accidents Will Happen" & "veronica" thankyouverymuch
                          "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. "
                          -- Dennis, Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Comment

Originally posted by Nebulous_Blue@Mar 31 2004, 09:12 PM
                            Actually, it was "Accidents Will Happen" & "veronica" thankyouverymuch
                            Well..

You used to be the victim...now, you're not the only one

Just thought that for people who dont know Elvis (karaoke audience)...they may actually know those songs...

Picked some good tunes...

I thought...New lace Sleeves might be good for Karaoke..

Comment

• Working...
                              X