• Time
  • Show
Clear All

no shit
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Torch,

Is that like a newsflash or something?
      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

It is a newsflash.

Many people on this board do not believe that Israel was the reason we wnet to war.

No one so close to Bush has made the gaffe of actually saying so either.

Comment

Torch,

I don't agree.

Most people know it, but some believe they can score "points" by insisting that the WMD fig leaf was the reason for the war.

If we all admitted what it was really about, the partisan kvetching would seem as funny as it actually is.
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

There would be no 'middle east problem, without the existence of Israel. To that extent, far-fetched as it may be, there's an essence of credibility in this post subject.

Comment

Wrong again Pacey.. the war is about having a long term source of cheap oil

To DaLode's point...the Arabs would be much friendlier to us as their best customer were Israrel not in the picture
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

damtoft...

I think to write off the wmd factor may be ambiguous. I am a firm believer that the threat of proliferation was real and consequential. Everyone knows that the link between Iraq and Al-qaeda is tenuous. The link between Saddam and palestinian terror is concrete. It reasons that if the shit hit the fan, as it gets closer everyday, the terrorists that would most likely benefit would be palestinian terrorists, or much less likely, a direct attack by saddam.

Thus our “obligation” to Israel keeps absolute disarmament of Iraq at the top of the priority list.

The embellishment of threat was a fig leaf, to the British, who do not share the same loyalties to Israel.
                Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

>>The embellishment of threat was a fig leaf<<

You said it better than I did.

Comment

Reasons for Iraq: (in no particular order of power)

1.) Family vendetta..
                    2.) Enhanced security and influence of Israel in the region
                    3.) Oil..oil..and oil contracts
                    4.) see #3
                    5.) A very shaky belief that some low-level WMD's exsisted.

Torchie...yes..I understood what you are saying..but is this a revelation to most??

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 30 2004, 10:45 PM
                      The embellishment of threat was a fig leaf, to the British, who do not share the same loyalties to Israel.
                      To me it sure seemed like the embellishment of threat was to con the American Sheople (baaaa!) into supporting the beginning of this neo-con global invasion...
                      . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                      -mike
                      mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker+Mar 30 2004, 10:12 PM-->
                        QUOTE (OldSchoolStroker @ Mar 30 2004, 10:12 PM)

Remember, they tricked 'em.

Comment

Manifest Destiny, here we come!
                          “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

The importance of this is not the "revalation" that the war was strictyly for Israel's benefit but that somebody in the Bush admin clearly said so. We all know it is the truth but no one in the Bush admin or his cronies in congress have had the guts or stupidity to come out and say it directly.

Comment

• Working...
                              X