The Wonkette's take on Condi Rice testimony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wonkette's take on Condi Rice testimony

The Wonkette is a former writer for some political rag that now has her own blog. There's some funny stuff on there sometimes, like this piece.
    http://www.wonkette.com/archives/con...ify_014488.php

Condi to Testify
    The Bush administration: Strong on national defense, fucking pussies when it comes to Senate hearings. Now they tell us Condi will testify under oath to the 9/11 commission. Well, that was easy. Here I was thinking we were dealing with an administration that really believed in the Constitution! Indeed, "White House has maintained that a member of the president's staff can't appear before a congressionally chartered commission without violating the Constitution's separation of powers." And Scott McClellan has been steadfast in his conviction that, well, it's the principle of the thing:

March 9: "Again, this is not her personal preference; this goes back to a matter of principle. There is a separation of powers issue involved here. Historically, White House staffers do not testify before legislative bodies. So it's a matter of principle, not a matter of preference." [WhiteHouse.gov]

March 17: "I think this has been previously addressed. It's not a matter of personal preference. You have to look at it as a matter of principle and a separation of powers issue." [WhiteHouse.gov]

March 22: "Again, it's not something that's a matter of personal preference. It's a matter of separation of powers. It's a matter of principle." [WhiteHouse.gov]

March 23: "There's a principle involved here regarding separation of powers. And I think we previously addressed that, and we've addressed that from the get-go when it comes to this issue. It's not a matter of Dr. Rice's personal preference. It's a matter of principle." [WhiteHouse.gov]

And you know why they didn't want to fuck with the Constitution, right? Well, they were saving it for marriage.
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

I can the smell the democrat desperation from here.

Stinky....

she won't testify...waaaaaahhh

she will testify...waaaaaahhhh

Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Never underestimate the abilities of a Republican apologist to overlook a very funny joke in order to get in a meaningless attack on Democrats.
      2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

wwwwaaaaaaahhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 30 2004, 01:08 PM
          wwwwaaaaaaahhhhhh
          The ultimate irony is the maturity of your comments.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

that sounds very funny coming from you.

Comment

I'll try to overcome lazy's attempt at thread killing by re-posting the joke, with the difficult parts removed, but I'm afraid it's too late.

Condi to Testify
              The Bush administration: Strong on national defense, fucking pussies when it comes to Senate hearings.

Indeed, the "White House has maintained that a member of the president's staff can't appear before a congressionally chartered commission without violating the Constitution's separation of powers."

And you know why they didn't want to fuck with the Constitution, right? Well, they were saving it for marriage.

Comment

that joke wasn't funny.

Comment

Working...
                X