Decision to let Rice testify WAS Bush's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision to let Rice testify WAS Bush's

So why did the "liberal media" take the heat off of Bush by saying that Rice refused to testify? Every headline should have read "Bush refuses to allow Ruice to testify." Before the flip-flop, of course.

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/whouse/...1c33004ltr.html

2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Here's a question that bothers me....

Adviser or Advisor?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Mar 30 2004, 12:25 PM
      Here's a question that bothers me....

Adviser or Advisor?
      Advisor
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

The two are interchangable actually.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Mar 30 2004, 12:24 PM
          So why did the "liberal media" take the heat off of Bush by saying that Rice refused to testify? Every headline should have read "Bush refuses to allow Ruice to testify." Before the flip-flop, of course.
          You, like nick2, don't know what flip-flop means.

I don't remember the media saying it was Rice's call. I'd be interested in seeing a link to prove your point. I think everyone knew it was up to Bush.
          "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

The liberal media is another myth started by the Republicans.

"If you say liberal media enough times, and selectively use "facts" to support that the media is liberal, eventually people will start believing it"
            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 30 2004, 12:36 PM
              The liberal media is another myth started by the Republicans.

"If you say liberal media enough times, and selectively use "facts" to support that the media is liberal, eventually people will start believing it"
              Even left leaning members of the media admit that the media generally leans to the left. How much just depends on what network you watch.
              Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Originally posted by phantom@Mar 30 2004, 12:35 PM
                You, like nick2, don't know what flip-flop means.

I don't remember the media saying it was Rice's call. I'd be interested in seeing a link to prove your point. I think everyone knew it was up to Bush.
                What does flip-flop mean if it doesn't mean "Rice can't testify because of a principle - oh wait, I'll let her testify"?

As for the Rice coverage, if you didn't hear or read that "Rice refused to testify", I'm certain that links won't change your mind.
                2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

>>The liberal media is another myth started by the Republicans.<<

Too funny.
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 30 2004, 12:48 PM-->
                    QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 30 2004, 12:48 PM)

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 30 2004, 12:48 PM-->
                    QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 30 2004, 12:48 PM)

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 30 2004, 12:50 PM

Too funny.
                    But par for the course.

What's interesting to me, is that I think if Clinton were president this would all have blown over.

Then again, it would have eventually blown over for Bush too.
                    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

http://www.liberalslant.com/mediaownership.htm

Bias In The Media ..............Media Contact List
                      Time-Warner & AOL...........................PBS................. ...................... ......................Times Mirror

U.S. News.............................................. ....................Pacifica...................... .........................Channel One

Pat Buchanan.......................................... ........GE/NBC............................................... Murdoch/Fox

New York Times...........................................Ga nnett............................................. ....Talk Radio

Washington Times..................................ABC's John Stossel...............CBS

AT&T/TCI............................................... .............Washington Post & Newsweek

Wall Street Journal..............................NPR.......... .................................................. ..Internet

Rush Limbaugh

'For those of you who think the media is controlled by Liberals.

These are the holdings of some of the most Conservative corporations on the planet.

Is This The Liberal Media?"
                      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

that is of no matter.

What matters, as trig so valiantly pointed out in the title is that;

Trig was right.

He was also right about water being wet
                        Also, the earth is round
                        and, the sun is big.
                        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 30 2004, 12:50 PM

Too funny.
                          http://www.northbay.com/entertainment/book...iew.cfm?ID=1590

In candid moments, conservatives admit to playing games. Rich Bond, former chairman of the Republican Party, says that braying about the liberal media is a way to "work the refs," hoping they will "cut you a little slack on the next one." William Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard, admits that "the liberal media were never that powerful, and the whole thing was often used as an excuse by conservatives for conservative failures."

Comment

• Working...
                            X