Poll suggests Bush strengthening against Kerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll suggests Bush strengthening against Kerry

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Despite a week of negative headlines about how his administration handled the threat of terrorism before September 11, 2001, President Bush's political position against Sen. John Kerry has strengthened, according to a new CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.

The poll results -- gathered between Friday and Sunday -- suggest that the Bush campaign's attempts to paint Kerry as a tax-raising liberal who flip-flops on the issues has affected the race more than recent charges that the Bush administration didn't put enough focus on the threat of terrorism before 9/11.

That because even a half brained idiot could see through the partisan bantering, which then clouded the facts.

Clarke...the guy that brought down kerry, for a book.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

What the poll shows is how many people are gullible enough to elect a president based on who has the most money to spread the most lies.
    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Do any of these polls really matter until August?

Comment

ask the campaign managers.

I bet one of them is scrambling today.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 30 2004, 09:12 AM
          WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Despite a week of negative headlines about how his administration handled the threat of terrorism before September 11, 2001, President Bush's political position against Sen. John Kerry has strengthened, according to a new CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.

The poll results -- gathered between Friday and Sunday -- suggest that the Bush campaign's attempts to paint Kerry as a tax-raising liberal who flip-flops on the issues has affected the race more than recent charges that the Bush administration didn't put enough focus on the threat of terrorism before 9/11.

That because even a half brained idiot could see through the partisan bantering, which then clouded the facts.

Clarke...the guy that brought down kerry, for a book.
          How can that be? Bush keeps denying it, then saying well it did happen that way.
          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

What the poll shows is how many people are gullible enough to elect a president based on who has the most money to spread the most lies.
            Doesn't democracy just SUCK?

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 30 2004, 09:20 AM
              ask the campaign managers.

I bet one of them is scrambling today.
              If they are, they are idiots. This would hold true for Democrats and Republicans.

Comment

If you don't agree with Razzy, you're an idiot.

Just ask him.
                When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

It'll turn several times.

Gas hasn't reached $3.00 a gallon, yet.

The death of Osama hasn't been released, yet.
                  Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Oh, where do I start?

Meanwhile, the Bush-Cheney campaign is releasing a new television ad, again painting Kerry as a tax-raising liberal -- this time using rising gasoline prices as fuel.

In a commercial called "Wacky" -- shot in the style of an old black-and-white movie -- the new Bush commercial floats the notion that Sen. John Kerry would raise gas taxes, if elected.

"Some people have wacky ideas, like taxing gasoline more -- so people will drive less. That's John Kerry. He supported a 50 cent gas tax," an announcer says in the ad set to air Wednesday on national cable networks and in 18 states.
                    Notice no mention that Kerry's proposal was 10 years ago when gas prices were near $1.20 average and the reports that the Federal Highway system needed expanding/repairing.

"If Kerry's gas tax increase were law -- the average family would pay $657 more a year. Raising taxes is a habit of Kerry's -- he supported gasoline taxes 11 times. Maybe John Kerry just doesn't understand what his ideas mean to the rest of us."

The spot ends with the words "John Kerry -- Wrong on Taxes" on the screen.
                    Once again, Kerry isn't proposing a 50 cent increase now. Another misrepresentation of Kerry's policy. And raising the gas tax, as I pointed out in a link a few days ago, isn't a tactic of just one party.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 30 2004, 09:24 AM
                      If you don't agree with Razzy, you're an idiot.

Just ask him.
                      Not true, Winston.

You really want to go down that road again?
                      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Mar 30 2004, 08:33 AM
                        Oh, where do I start?

start here

Among likely voters surveyed, 51 percent said they would choose Bush for president, while 47 percent said they would vote for Kerry, within the margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points. (Full story)

Three weeks ago, as Kerry was cinching the Democratic nomination with a string of primary victories, he led the president by 8 points in a hypothetical head-to-head catchup among likely voters, 52 percent to 44 percent

Comment

You're right.

Its not "stupid."

Its "gullible."

My mistake.
                          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze+Mar 30 2004, 09:36 AM-->
                            QUOTE (lazydaze @ Mar 30 2004, 09:36 AM)

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Mar 30 2004, 09:33 AM
                            Oh, where do I start?

Meanwhile, the Bush-Cheney campaign is releasing a new television ad, again painting Kerry as a tax-raising liberal -- this time using rising gasoline prices as fuel.

In a commercial called "Wacky" -- shot in the style of an old black-and-white movie -- the new Bush commercial floats the notion that Sen. John Kerry would raise gas taxes, if elected.

"Some people have wacky ideas, like taxing gasoline more -- so people will drive less. That's John Kerry. He supported a 50 cent gas tax," an announcer says in the ad set to air Wednesday on national cable networks and in 18 states.
                            Notice no mention that Kerry's proposal was 10 years ago when gas prices were near $1.20 average and the reports that the Federal Highway system needed expanding/repairing.

"If Kerry's gas tax increase were law -- the average family would pay $657 more a year. Raising taxes is a habit of Kerry's -- he supported gasoline taxes 11 times. Maybe John Kerry just doesn't understand what his ideas mean to the rest of us."

The spot ends with the words "John Kerry -- Wrong on Taxes" on the screen.
                            Once again, Kerry isn't proposing a 50 cent increase now. Another misrepresentation of Kerry's policy. And raising the gas tax, as I pointed out in a link a few days ago, isn't a tactic of just one party.
                            I am confident that with the election months away that EVENTUALLY Bush and company will run an ad that is actually truthful.

I mean, they've got 8 months, right?

If Bush has done such a great job and accomplished so much, why doesn't he just tell us about those accomplishments?

Plus it would be such a short commercial, he'd save a ton of cash. It'd be like a station identification.
                            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

• Working...
                              X