This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pretenders defeats Earth, Wind and Fire

Cast your vote and discuss! The first post in the stickied thread has the updated bracket and the scores of previous matchups!
    The Pretenders
    0%
    Earth, Wind and F
    0%

Chrissy Hynde rocks...

A truly under-appreciated talent...

Comment

Gotta go with The Pretenders....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Pretenders

Kev is gonna be pissed
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Well since Earth, Wind, and Fire is one of the greatest R&B bands of all time, I'm going to assume that R&B really has no chance in this contest.
          Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB@Mar 29 2004, 10:20 PM
            Pretenders

Kev is gonna be pissed
            WGAF???

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi+Mar 29 2004, 10:21 PM-->
              QUOTE (Indu WangZi @ Mar 29 2004, 10:21 PM)

I love Chrisy but, EWF has a more impressive cataloge, going with them

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Pretenders

Kev is gonna be pissed
                I'm not pissed.

I expected this.

The only way a black artist or band can advance, is to have them all in a bracket together.
                Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Ms. Hynde tore her hindside with me, when she said last year that she hoped Iraq kick the US Soldiers' asses.

I'm going to try to find that link.

I posted it on the BOTB site last March.
                  Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Pretenders

Kev is gonna be pissed
                    He's not the only one...

Earth, Wind and Fire are soooo much better than the Pretenders...thats is exactly what they were..pretenders.
                    I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Look, EW&F is a good band. This isn't even close, though. The Pretenders, just on the first record and Learning to Crawl, easily surpassed anything EW&F did.

I can tolerate a lot of dissenting opinions, but I've really got to draw the line here.
                      I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Mar 30 2004, 09:43 AM
                        Look, EW&F is a good band. This isn't even close, though. The Pretenders, just on the first record and Learning to Crawl, easily surpassed anything EW&F did.

I can tolerate a lot of dissenting opinions, but I've really got to draw the line here.
                        You know, The Pretenders would be a good name for your baseball team....
                        If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Pretenders

Kev is gonna be pissed
                          Kev,

I'm gonna be pissed right along with him.

I will not pretend to infer that the Pretenders don't have a long and storied history, and Chrissy is the prototype rocker chick, but ETW is not only a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, but were the single predominant R&B group for the entirety of the 70's.

This is not meant to demean the contributions of the Pretenders, but, ladies and gentlemen...what is going on here!

Why do we continue mixing genres in these contests (Public Enemy v. Tom Petty) when the larger contingent encompassing the lounge are not of minority descent, and likely are not a lover (or uniquely familiar) of anything minority driven?
                          "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

I love the pretenders.

I just have to say that I once heard on a rado station that Earth Wind & Fire's love song "Reasons" - was probably responsible for more guys getting lucky than any other song before or since - I can agree with that- so I went with Earth Wind & Fire -who was one of the premier bands that combine great music and vocals.
                            Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                            God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

• Working...
                              X