Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throwback Jerseys

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Throwback Jerseys

    i'm really intrigued with the retro jerseys, and if i had the money, i'd have a closet full of them. do any of you have any throwbacks? where are the best places to buy them (cheapest prices)? i went to ebay, but everyone of them is like 4XL. i didn't realize you had to weigh 500 lbs to sell clothes on Ebay, but apparently this is the case.

    any input on good deals?
    Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

  • #2
    Ask Bernie.
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a Bob Bassen #28 Quebec Nordiques jersey...but I got it when it was current. Does that count? It's already been through one cool-uncool-cool cycle.

      Comment


      • #4
        backstop.....i have both a jerry Rice and Steve Young 49er Jerseys. i also, now that i think about it, have an old Magic Johnson jersey that i wore up until 1991 when i was in middle school
        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a baby-blue Cards jersey, and I can't figure out what name to put on the back.

          Any suggestions?
          Goulet!

          Comment


          • #6
            Joe-

            You came to the right place, mate.

            I collect throwbacks and replicas.

            EBay is a good source..you can email the seller and see if they have smaller sizes. Let me know which ones you like and I'll tell you how much you should pay.

            Mitchell&Ness site is good..check it out.

            Mitchell & Ness are the "real" deal and will be pricey..they have a 1942 Cardinal throwback..its awesome.

            I just bought a 1982 throwback with Keith Hernandez's number..it is a Cooperstown collection model..these are great and cheaper than M&N..

            PM and I'll provide more details...I have about 20 throwback/replicas..some of them framed in my study.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Pocket Rockets@Feb 22 2004, 10:46 PM
              I have a baby-blue Cards jersey, and I can't figure out what name to put on the back.

              Any suggestions?
              Willie McGee or Hernandez..

              Is it a Cooperstown Collectible?? I saw that jersey at the Galleria for $30 after XMas.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Feb 22 2004, 10:40 PM
                Ask Bernie.
                Ah, good reference.
                Dude. Can. Fly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've got a powder blue tommy herr #28 pull over. And it is sweet. It's my second favorite to my Stan Musial.
                  "They misunderestimated me."
                  Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000


                  "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004


                  "If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                  -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

                  Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    McGee? Hernandez? C'mon, Wang, you've got to go more obscure than that...at least down to the Obie/Braun/Skates level...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Feb 22 2004, 10:47 PM
                      Joe-

                      You came to the right place, mate.

                      I collect throwbacks and replicas.

                      EBay is a good source..you can email the seller and see if they have smaller sizes. Let me know which ones you like and I'll tell you how much you should pay.

                      Mitchell&Ness site is good..check it out.

                      Mitchell & Ness are the "real" deal and will be pricey..they have a 1942 Cardinal throwback..its awesome.

                      I just bought a 1982 throwback with Keith Hernandez's number..it is a Cooperstown collection model..these are great and cheaper than M&N..

                      PM and I'll provide more details...I have about 20 throwback/replicas..some of them framed in my study.
                      The 1942 Cards jersey is exactly what I want. Just don't see the wife being cool with me spending over $350 on it, though.

                      Is there anyone out there that sells these for less?
                      *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My wife very graciously let me get a nice 1942 Cardinals throwback jersey after we got married. I like it because it has the old motif with the black bat.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dhaab+Feb 22 2004, 10:55 PM-->
                          QUOTE(dhaab @ Feb 22 2004, 10:55 PM)

                        • #14
                          Originally posted by backstop@Feb 22 2004, 10:53 PM
                          McGee? Hernandez? C'mon, Wang, you've got to go more obscure than that...at least down to the Obie/Braun/Skates level...
                          Ryan-

                          Gotcha, matey...

                          "Studly" Steve Mura...

                          Dave "No point" LaPoint..

                          Jim Kaat "in mouth"..

                          Gene "A hole in the roof or a whole new" Roof

                          Better??

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Much better.

                            Did Mike Laga ever wear the baby blue jersey? I think he was a bit late, but that would be a sweet shirt.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X