No announcement yet.

Laetitia Casta: Triumph of the French!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laetitia Casta: Triumph of the French!

I didn't want to post this before the voting was over, because I knew it would change the results. How many here knew that the LTOH winner, Laetitia Casta, is the model for an official French government symbol?

Viva La France!
    Viva La Russa!
    Viva Laetitia!

http://jarle.eltelevest.no/Laetitia_Casta/...es/Marianne.htm
    Marianne is present everywhere in France and holds a place of honor in town halls and law courts. She symbolizes the "Triumph of the Republic", a bronze sculpture overlooking Place de la Nation in Paris. Her profile stands out on the official seal of the country. It is engraved on coins and drawn on stamps and banknotes. Marianne is considered as the most prominent depiction of the French Republic.

For the first time in French history there was an nationwide vote for the new Marianne for the 21 century. With the initiative of the Association of the Mayors of France (AMF). The Majors should choose from a number of famous French women.

Indeed, under the auspices of the AMF, thousands (36000) of mayors came together from all over the country to vote. "The first vote brought us down to five runner-ups," says Doumas. In the second vote a winner was selected.

And the winner was:Laetitia Casta

Which raises an interesting question - if the US were to elect a woman to represent it our core values and beliefs, who would it be? I'm thinking it would be a Three's Company era Suzanne Summers adorning our currency.
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Like my friend Julio would say, "This bimbo's got nice bazookas!"

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Mar 29 2004, 02:39 PM

Which raises an interesting question - if the US were to elect a woman to represent it our core values and beliefs, who would it be? I'm thinking it would be a Three's Company era Suzanne Summers adorning our currency.

Comment

Good idea, but I don't think we can have a Monarch as our national symbol. Perhaps if the Queen of Carpets were to abdicate her throne.
        2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

I'd pee in her butthole.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

BBZ - I don't think Becky is into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Mar 29 2004, 03:45 PM
              BBZ - I don't think Becky is into that.
              Actually Wanda, princess of tiles wasn't. That's why Becky knocked her off.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
              X