Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KFNS on the sale block?

Business beat

Sources have said that the sale of Missouri Sports Radio's local stations - KFNS (590 AM and 100.7 FM), along with KRFT (1190 AM) - is imminent, with Atlanta-based Big League Broadcasting as the buyer. But Missouri Sports Radio president Greg Marecek said Friday that such talk is premature.

"We're still negotiating," he said. "Until I get a piece of paper on my desk, there's nothing. They first contacted us seven months ago, so what do you think? It's up to the attorneys and brokers to bring the right paperwork to the table. You never know about wrinkles. It just takes one wrinkle" to kill a deal.

"We don't have a contract and it's business as usual for us. We pay our bills. We do things on time."
    Read other media stuff here

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Hopefully they'll just shut that piece of crap down.

Comment

Maybe they'll be looking for a new drivetime team.

You up for it 007?
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Mar 29 2004, 12:12 PM
        Maybe they'll be looking for a new drivetime team.

You up for it 007?
        Im game...I can do it...

Comment

i have some radio experience. this town needs a little Niner talk anyway, right 007?
          Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 29 2004, 12:29 PM
            i have some radio experience. this town needs a little Niner talk anyway, right 007?
            Hell yeah....educate the masses!

I think BBZ and I could have a good show....bigJOE can be 'Stat Boy'....

Comment

Can I be the Mad Hoosier?

Comment

Originally posted by 007+Mar 29 2004, 12:30 PM-->
                QUOTE (007 @ Mar 29 2004, 12:30 PM)

I'll be the radio guy who knows everything and insults his audience when they doubt his knowledge.

Every radio show has one.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I'm sure it'll be just like before.

They'll keep the same clowns and use a different callsign.
                  When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Hopefully the new owners will turn it into a sports station.

This town could use one.

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 29 2004, 12:44 PM
                      gonzo.......you'd be the perfect mad hoosier.....well, actually, Turd or the stroker would be
                      Since I've never actually listened to that piece of shit station, I have no idea whether to be happy or pissed about this statement.
                      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

no, the Mad Hoosier used to be on the Steve and DC show in the morning. he was hilarious. he was the token crazy guy who the two hosts send out to do crazy things to get attention.
                        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

• Working...
                          X