Jocketty says Luna 'deserves' spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jocketty says Luna 'deserves' spot

VERO BEACH, Fla. - Offering baseball's equivalent of a battlefield commission, Cardinals general manager Walt Jocketty said Sunday afternoon that infielder Hector Luna, a Rule 5 draftee once considered the longest of shots to make the club, deserves a spot on the team's opening day roster.

Well, if that's the case, he should get...he's the GM right or am I missing something here Walt?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

He has to check with Tony first to find out what he should do.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Who is he related to?

Comment

Who has he fished with?
        "As I said much earlier in this thread, I'm not sure there's a better poster here than Mr. Telecaster."

Kaiser
        12-9-04

Comment

You guys don't think Shurholtz(sp) doesn't check with Bobby before he makes a roster move?

When Tony becomes the only manager in MLB that the GM gets roster thoughts on, then let me know. Otherwise, it's fairly routine for a GM to get the manager's thoughts before making a roster move.

Comment

I like what I've seen from Luna.

Comment

Are the cards on anything today that people might be able to keep others informed of how the game goes?

Yesterday's game left me in a bit of a not happy thing.
              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Mar 29 2004, 12:16 PM
                Are the cards on anything today that people might be able to keep others informed of how the game goes?

Yesterday's game left me in a bit of a not happy thing.
                Yeah, they're on MLB Radio. I think it's free to listen to, just go to the game link on MLB.com's audio page.

Comment

Thanks, but I can't listen at work.

I disconnected my speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Mar 29 2004, 12:23 PM
                    Thanks, but I can't listen at work.

I disconnected my speakers.
                    Oh, ok then.

Cards are down 2-0 to the Mets after 1. Suppan is starting, BTW.

Comment

saying he deserves a spot, and actually granting him a spot are two COMPLETELY different things. just him saying that probably means he's not making it.

but other teams better watch out if Hector does play...........cuz there'll be a Luna Eclipse on their season, baby!!!
                      Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Mar 29 2004, 12:09 PM
                        You guys don't think Shurholtz(sp) doesn't check with Bobby before he makes a roster move?

When Tony becomes the only manager in MLB that the GM gets roster thoughts on, then let me know. Otherwise, it's fairly routine for a GM to get the manager's thoughts before making a roster move.
                        It's a joke Iowa. There are some that believe that Walter doesn't take a dump withough okaying it with TLR first.

Kind of goes back to TLR having a hard one for Tino and then Walt went out and signed him to that BS contract.
                        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

4-0 Mets now. Suppan's getting lit up.

Comment

Well.

I woke up to kmox replaying shannon's weaver homerun call this morning.

I still get bummed out even though I know these games don't count.

stupid mondays.

Comment

I would like to congratulate myself on what look to be a sponsorship well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X