Being single sucks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being single sucks....

Well apparently this is the place to go to when, well whatever happens to you.

Take the following into consideration...

I’ve been drinking since 3....AND no matter what it seems like, I'm really not about the attention...seriously....

For those of you that don't know me, I'm shy, REALLY I AM.

But on that note, I'm going through that phase if "if I don't like me, who will?", so I'm on the losing weight thing, and just trying to be more sociable, getting out there an meeting people and seeing what happens. (you know, that tired of being single thing the single people go through).

My former sis-n-law (I'm closer to her than my own sister), is on a bowling league right by my house...mind you, this is a league that's all about drinking, not about bowling...so it has my name written all over it…

So I go down to hang out with her and her b/f, my only other option is to stay at home and watch hockey, and well, she wants me to meet "this nice guy"...so I'm all over it. I’m going…

I go into the bar to get a beer, and end up talking to some random guy for 10 min. literally about whatever. He has just moved to STL from Philly blah, blah, tells me about his childhood and how he was in jail for 2 weeks in Iowa for hooking up his cable illegally. I'm wearing a Blues sweatshirt and he's all over it, saying he is a Blues fan (mind you, I wore the sweatshirt, knowing if the guy that I was supposed to meet wasn’t’ about it, he was out of the picture, and well he wasn’t even there to meet, so now I have to go back when I get back from Nashville next weekend), this and that...then the random guy asked me if Scotty Bowman is still coaching the Wings. I thought I was going to throw up at this point. Also to be noted at this point he hasn’t even bought me a beer, and I know I’m not going to get one as I’m informing him about the Wings and what Bowman is up to these days…(cause heaven help a guy when a girl actually knows something more about a sport than HE DOES), so I embarrass him with my little hockey knowledge, which is much more than his even though he has fed me a line of horseshit. He tells me about his cable, blah, blah, and why he was “stealing” from the company he worked for which is why he was in jail for 2 weeks, and I was starting to leave, telling him “well satellite is cheaper, and it’s better”, then one of my friends showed up to see what the hell was going on with me. I was going to use him as my “rescue” if I needed it, but I was good to do at his point, since I was already out the door…

Bowling ends.

We go to the bar. I keep my distance, because that guy that doesn’t know dick about hockey is still there. Next thing you know (so it seemed), it's my friends, me and this “guy” with his friend the last ones in the bar...we leave.

As we are walking out, the guy calls out to me, tells me his hotel and his room number, like I’m going to just show up! :o Um, I don’t think so!

So, I came home...now I'm venting for some random drunken reason (since I have been drinking since 3)....and just sharing my lame ass story with you crazy folks that I don't know...

...so be it...

GO BLUES....
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Originally posted by Airshark
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Run, don't walk away from a guy who tells you he's been in jail for 2 weeks because he tapped into cable illegally.

There's more to that story sister.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

You mean Scotty Bowman isn't coaching the Wings anymore?

Damn, I better brush up....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

You should have known he was a liar as soon as he said he was from Philly but he was a Blues fan.
        Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD@Mar 28 2004, 10:39 PM
          You should have known he was a liar as soon as he said he was from Philly but he was a Blues fan.
          Trust me, that was one of the FIRST things I questioned him on!
          Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

Originally posted by CSD@Mar 28 2004, 10:39 PM
            What was Nate doing hitting on NSane?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

How did I know you'd be a member of the Lounge?

I'm so ashamed.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Don't you have a bitching thread somewhere to vent?
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 28 2004, 10:31 PM
                  Run, don't walk away from a guy who tells you he's been in jail for 2 weeks because he tapped into cable illegally.

There's more to that story sister.
                  Oh, I'm sure there was more to it. I was laughing inside as he was telling me about how his Lincoln was being towed as he watched it when he finally got out...don't get me wrong, there actually ARE people that have changed their ways after being incarcerated...but NOT this one...WOW....

007, if you need me to fill you in, just let me know!
                  Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Mar 28 2004, 10:45 PM-->
                    QUOTE (steveInebriated @ Mar 28 2004, 10:45 PM)

Well, I'm waiting..........

Are you going to show up to my hotel room or not?

And you misunderstood me. I got arrested for kicking the cable guys ass, not stealing cable.

Man, how many drinks did you have?
                    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Mar 28 2004, 10:45 PM-->
                      QUOTE (steveInebriated @ Mar 28 2004, 10:45 PM)

NSane..

WOW!! Ok...this is a first...I am almost speechless...

But, my advice to you would be....

Actually, I can not say it...as you may take offence..even though, it is not meant to be offencive

Comment

They towed my Lincoln?
                        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 28 2004, 10:50 PM
                          They towed my Lincoln?
                          You have a Lincoln??

I had you pegged for a Japanese Luxury care...Lexus or Infiniti...

Lincoln Mark VII(or is it VIII)...is a damn nice car..

Continental or Mark VII??

Comment

• Working...
                            X