The All St Louis Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The All St Louis Band

Chuck Berry (rhythm guitar because no one in their right mind would make him lead) Ike Turner leading. Michael McDonald on keyboards and singing. OK, I’ll go with the old phart, Bob Kuban on drums. Horns being Miles and Clark Terry. Some of the guys from Foghat that I see a t Dierberg’s could fill in.

It’s a lame start I know, but you young bucks can fill it out better I’m sure. p.s. Don’t forget Rod Stewarts’s Billy Peak.

Fontella Bass (Rescue Me)

Dennis Edwards (replaced David Ruffin in the Temptations)

Michael Stipe (Attended Collinsville High)
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Billy Peak has a bar in Soulard, doesn't he?? The Great Grizzly Bear (??)..

Foghat is from St. Louis??? Slowride...what a great tune...

Other than that...we gotta go with your list..because that's all St. Louis has...

What about Nelly

Comment

There's also The Urge...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

who are you going to nominate from the Urge? Steve Ewing isn't that great a vocalist and nobody else really stands out. They were a good band for that short time though

Comment

I'd say the drummer was the best of the bunch, but his name escapes me right now

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 28 2004, 10:09 PM
              who are you going to nominate from the Urge? Steve Ewing isn't that great a vocalist and nobody else really stands out. They were a good band for that short time though
              I just brought them up...didn't say they were worth anything as individuals....

Wang asked a question (indirectly) and I gave him some answer off the top o' my head...

Comment

When my oldest daughter, the reactionary, was in high school at Villa (it's a St Louis thing) and I was away, yet again, for a month, the bride and she lied to me and had had a party at our place off of Lay Road.

When I got back my oldest boy was then playing tight-end for Priory. A mouth-full-of-marbles Doctor sat next to me at that football game and read the riot act to me about a party had taken place at my house that summer.

I let it go for a few days and finally got the liars in my family, including the bride, to confess about it.

137 people were in my backyard AND, a LIVE band, the likes of which my 20-something daughter now confesses to me included her 'friend' (right) Nelly whom she'd met in the Loop and 'sang' (does he do that?) in my backyard.

We've long since left there and I'm sure that those anal folks were happy when the North St Louis Irish gypsies drove away.

Comment

Lode,
                  What year did your son graduate from Priory?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 28 2004, 10:14 PM
                    Lode,
                    What year did your son graduate from Priory?
                    He did Oak Hill and then spent 7th & 8th grade at Priory before we moved back to London and went to their, Ampleforth, high school there, St Benedict's in Ealing. He then went to Boulder for the first semester last year before going over to LSE in London now.

So, he DIDN'T graduate from Priory but from their 'sister-school' (the Ampleforth first London one) at St Benedict's.

Father Gregory came over there several times while my kids were there. All of them finished there...at least the older ones. Great school system. Great concept.

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Mar 28 2004, 10:07 PM
                      There's also The Urge...
                      Saw those guys once at the Landing on a recommendation............I thought they sucked........Bad..........In fact I left sometime into the 2nd set...........
                      AKA reddevil
                      AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by davel+Mar 28 2004, 10:23 PM-->
                        QUOTE (davel @ Mar 28 2004, 10:23 PM)

When I was back in St. Louis over XMas...

My mates took me to see Jake's Leg...a Dead Tribute band...at Cicero's.

I dont know what was worse...having to smell all of the patchouli the granolas had on...or having to sit thru a shite version of "US Blues"...

Ahhh...Winterland...it aint Cicero's

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 28 2004, 10:40 PM
                          When I was back in St. Louis over XMas...

My mates took me to see Jake's Leg...a Dead Tribute band...at Cicero's.

I dont know what was worse...having to smell all of the patchouli the granolas had on...or having to sit thru a shite version of "US Blues"...

Ahhh...Winterland...it aint Cicero's
                          Jake's Leg is overrated, but that's just my opinion...

Comment

What about me, on drums? I teach 'em for godssake!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

• Working...
                              X