I've got a lot of 'Mail Delivery System' errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a lot of 'Mail Delivery System' errors

in my Outlook Express, but I haven't sent anything out....

What's up w/ that?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Viruses? are there attachments?

I've gotten some wierdo shit too before, like people were sending out spam emails from bogus email accounts from my domain name...the world is too mysterious for us to comprehend sometimes...
    . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
    -mike
    mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

My guess would be virus.

Comment

It doesn't appear to contain any attachments...just a link inside the email of an email address...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Mar 28 2004, 10:04 PM
          It doesn't appear to contain any attachments...just a link inside the email of an email address...
          did you click it???
          . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
          -mike
          mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker+Mar 28 2004, 11:01 PM-->
            QUOTE (OldSchoolStroker @ Mar 28 2004, 11:01 PM)

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Mar 28 2004, 10:03 PM
            My guess would be virus.
            I'm going to agree with the fetus. Alot of viruses out there can "spoof" the from field, and if the infected e-mail can't get through to it's intended recipient, the bounce back message goes to you.

I've seen alot of that at work, and despite the fact that I've told the PHDs that receiving this type of message doesn't mean that they have a virus, they still demand that I come scan their systems.
            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

I have a virus on some computers at work.

I know what the virus is but I can't get rid of it.

It makes me sad.
              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Today's a new day.
                And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Yes. I let it bother me for most of the weekend as you know, JD.

Yesterday, I did my best not to think about it. I did my best not to think about anything.

And since I feel good and refreshed today, maybe something good will happen...and it will get us out of this mess.

Comment

Today's a new day.
                    I agree.
                    Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

I used to have the same annoying proplems.

I now make certain that my Virus Protection Software is up to date, and have changed my Spam Blocker settings from "medium" to "high". To date, no more problems.
                      Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

yes, this is my fault totally.

I feel terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Mar 29 2004, 08:51 AM
                          yes, this is my fault totally.

I feel terrible.
                          You should probably give yourself a few demerits.
                          If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

how would that make me feel better?

I am giving you 2 more demerits.

Comment

• Working...
                              X