Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite concert you've attended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 28 2004, 09:54 PM
    Matt where was the Live and Bush concert in Munich?
    Near where they hold Octoberfest. It was a two day festival. There were other "big names" there like Alanis Morrisette and Bryan Adams and a few others along with a lot of bands I never heard of. It was an outdoor concert and was in a park and we were allowed to put up tents and camp out. This was in 96.
    "They misunderestimated me."
    Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
    -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

I was just curious...........Munich is one of my favorite cities in the world. Went to a town about an hour south of there junior year in high school on an exchange and am dying to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 28 2004, 09:58 PM
        I was just curious...........Munich is one of my favorite cities in the world. Went to a town about an hour south of there junior year in high school on an exchange and am dying to go back.
        Munich is awesome. If you can get there during Octoberfest do it. It is a blast. Just get to the beer tents when they open at 11 am. If not, you have to fight for a table. It's wild you drink from 11 to 11 and just meet people and talk and dance on the tables and eat. Then you drink more and even though you should be passed out you just keep going. An awesome experiance.
        "They misunderestimated me."
        Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
        -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by matt75@Mar 28 2004, 09:53 PM
          5)Chicago on the riverfront at the VP fair in the summer of the flood (93)
          4)Live and Bush in Munich Germany
          3)Pearl Jam
          2)Blues Traveller at the H.O.R.D.E. festival
          1)Bare Naked Ladies at Savvis a couple years ago. Best live show I've ever saw. They're not the best band but they give one hell of a live show.
          NUMBER 5) Was back home in Sweet Home St Louis that summer and our boy from University City played out of his head that night.

Comment

Can you believe I turned down U2 tix @ Busch for the ZooTV Show?

I seriously hafta sit down and think aboot which concerts, though...tough, tough call...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode+Mar 28 2004, 10:04 PM-->
              QUOTE (DaLode @ Mar 28 2004, 10:04 PM)

U2
              REM
              Aerosmith
              The Cure
              Bob Seger
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

About 1971, Stevie Wonder opened for The Rolling Stones at the old Kiel Auditorium. Saw Janis Joplin in San Antonio. Very few acknowlege how great Linda Ronstadt was. (she was also very hot looking during the 70's). She was at the old Arena about 79----ungodly power. Her punk phase---one of the few artists to have a number one song played in 5/4 time. (Get Closer?)
                v

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode@Mar 28 2004, 08:25 PM
                  Closely behind would be the Newport Jazz Fesitival in the late 60's just before I got discharged. I took 'leave' for 4 days and the highlight (other than the trumpet 'workshop' on Friday afternoon with Miles, Clark Terry and others) was the Big Band Night with Buddy Rich's new band, Bill Basie's orchestra, Woody Herman's Herd and Duke Ellington. The singers that joined them were Joe Williams, Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald and Nancy Wilson.

A surprise guest star with Basie's Band was the 'Chairman of the Board' Frank Sinatra.

Singularly the greatest jazz night of MY life.
                  Good lord, man! I hope you stopped washed your ears after that!
                  . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                  -mike
                  mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

See...we all have our own "reasons" for a concert being the best....

I have two...
                    Motley Crue, Thanksgiving night. '87 (or was it '86?) Mom let me take her car, we had a good time, before and after the concert (and not like what you pervs are thinking)...

and MB20 uh I guess it was 3 years ago....work function...suite at Savvis...I'll just leave it at that...boss and I were hung-over until 2 the next day (well I was until 2, he was until he went home)...
                    Feb. 08, 2005
                    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                    Originally posted by Airshark
                    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Frank Zappa, "Joe's Garage" Tour, Kansas City Kansas, 1980 (?)
                      He played NOTHING from "Joe's Garage"...and did a seriously kick-ass version of "Whipping Post". The BEST concert I've ever seen; they played for 2 1/2 hours without a break between songs.
                      Other than that, I usually preferred the opening acts of shows (Foghat, April Wine, Jay Ferguson) to the headliners.

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                      Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                      Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Hands down, the best concert I ever saw was the Afro-Cuban All-Stars at Powell Hall in 2001. They had the whole fucking symphony hall up and dancing in the aisles. It was one of the most surreal experiences ever!

Honorable mentions: Radiohead on the OK Computer tour at the Galaxy, The Flaming Lips during the headphone days (and currently, too!), the St. Louis Symphony performing Mahler's 2nd symphony (which is coming back REALLY soon!!!) and a Max Roach clinic/performance at Wash U a few years back (97?).

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933@Mar 29 2004, 01:20 AM
                          April Wine,
                          What ever happened to those guys??

I remember my sister listening to the song, "Just Between you and me"...

They were a really early 80's band...1982??

Comment

They Might Be Giants...October 2001 at Pop's

Comment

1. The Who...Mississippi River Festival..

2. Pink Floyd..Keil Aud..

3.ABB..Piedmont Park free concert, Atlanta

4. Rolling Stones..Sun Devil Stadium. Thorogood opened for them.

5. Leon Russell..Fulton County Stadium..Atlanta.

Due to conditions beyond my control. dates escape me.

I saw several classic groups at the MRF..Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Buddy Miles, too many to name.

I saw Foghat and Johnny Winter at the Fox in Atlanta also.
                              I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

• Working...
                                X