Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite concert you've attended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite concert you've attended?

My favorite has to be U2's Zoo TV's concert of a damp Sunday evening at Busch.

If I had to name four other favorites, I'd name the following:

Prince

Elton John

Police

Parliament-Funkadelic.....

Oh yes, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Joe Cocker at the Fox in 1991. YThree weeks before Stevie was killed in a helicopter accident in Wisconsin.
    Make America Great For Once.

U2 - Zoo TV tour in 1992 (I think that's the year) at Busch Stadium
    "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Dave Matthew Band at Riverport last summer or Widespread Panic at Mizzou last summer.

Comment

Rod Stewart, Muny, circa 1984.

Close second: Stones, Pontiac Silverdome, 1981.

Comment

1) REM & Radiohead 1995 Nashville

2) Flaming Lips & White Stripes NYE 2003 Chicago.

3) Elvis Costello 2002 Atlanta

4) Toad The Wet Sprocket & Big Head Todd & The Monsters 1994 Nashville

5) Glen Phillips 2003 Atlanta
          "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. "
          -- Dennis, Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Comment

Plus, I saw Donovan open for Yes in 1978.

I mean, this is DONOVAN we're talking about.

Comment

The Dead

The Dead

The Dead

The Dead

The Dead

Dylan
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

Probably the first real show I saw; Led Zeppelin (touring for their 1st album) opening for Jeff Beck on his Truth tour in 1968 at the old Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. Beck's band featured Rod Stewart on vocals, ronnie wood on guitar, and kenny jones on drums among others.

2) Moody Blues with Trapeze opening at the Arena in St Louis circa '71.

3) Pink Floyd at the old Amphitheatre in Chicago '73.

4) Dylan with the Band Amphitheatre '75

5) The Dead at city park in Telluride '87. Largely because of the venue.
                Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Lest I forget, I attended a Fleetwood Mac concert in 1977 at The Summit in Houston. My friend's uncle got us FIRST ROW tickets. Damn the music, I was entranced on Stevie Nicks and her short skirt with sheer panties.
                  Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Mar 28 2004, 08:14 PM
                    Lest I forget, I attended a Fleetwood Mac concert in 1977 at The Summit in Houston. My friend's uncle got us FIRST ROW tickets. Damn the music, I was entranced on Stevie Nicks and her short skirt with sheer panties.
                    That '77 Fleetwood Mac tour was excellent. That was the (thin) Stevie Nicks/ Chrisine McVie/John McVie/Mick Fleetwood/Lindsay Buckingham tour. The only Fleetwood Mac incarnation that was better than the original Peter Green led band.

A.C.

Comment

1. U2, MCI Center, Washington DC, 2001
                      2. The Who, Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, 2001
                      3. Aerosmith, Mellon Arena, Pittsburgh, 1998 and 1999
                      4. The Eagles, Kiel Center, St. Louis, 1994
                      5. John Mellencamp, Post Gazette Pavilion, Pittsburgh, 1999

Comment

The best one was the Allman Bros in S.F. on New Year's Eve (circa 70 or so) before Duane died.

Closely behind would be the Newport Jazz Fesitival in the late 60's just before I got discharged. I took 'leave' for 4 days and the highlight (other than the trumpet 'workshop' on Friday afternoon with Miles, Clark Terry and others) was the Big Band Night with Buddy Rich's new band, Bill Basie's orchestra, Woody Herman's Herd and Duke Ellington. The singers that joined them were Joe Williams, Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald and Nancy Wilson.

A surprise guest star with Basie's Band was the 'Chairman of the Board' Frank Sinatra.

Singularly the greatest jazz night of MY life.

Comment

Five is nowhere near enough. Three excellent concerts from the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago off the top of my head:

Deep Purple '70
                          Humble Pie '70
                          Procol Harum '69

From the Fox Theatre in St Louis:

Frank Zappa '71
                          The Grateful Dead '72 (October)

A.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode@Mar 28 2004, 08:25 PM
                            The best one was the Allman Bros in S.F. on New Year's Eve (circa 70 or so) before Duane died.

Closely behind would be the Newport Jazz Fesitival in the late 60's just before I got discharged. I took 'leave' for 4 days and the highlight (other than the trumpet 'workshop' on Friday afternoon with Miles, Clark Terry and others) was the Big Band Night with Buddy Rich's new band, Bill Basie's orchestra, Woody Herman's Herd and Duke Ellington. The singers that joined them were Joe Williams, Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald and Nancy Wilson.

A surprise guest star with Basie's Band was the 'Chairman of the Board' Frank Sinatra.

Singularly the greatest jazz night of MY life.
                            Wow.

A.C.

Comment

All 30 or so Widespread Panic shows i've attended finish tied for first.

Comment

Working...
                              X