What would you guys do if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you guys do if....

On the beach last week. In the next row of chairs behind us was a mom, dad, sis, and little bro. Sis is about 15, probably. Dad is mildly admonishing her on something, saying, "You're not even trying."

Little Tartlet responds, "I am TOO trying, Dad. Fuck you."

Mom doesn't bat an eye. Dad says in a halfhearted voice, "That's a great way to talk to your parents."

End of discussion.

You're the daddy-o: How do YOU respond to this?

I have to know two things before I respond.

Did they pull in with Arkansas plates?

If yes, did you turn around and see what they were doing?
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

This was the Virgin Islands, so the only plates applicable were those on the ferry over.

Comment

Well, we'd definitely be done with the beach for the day. Then I'd probably take away her cell phone, because I was stupid enough to buy her one. She also wouldn't be allowed to go out for a week.

Comment

uhhh, I just hope my trip to the beach is not like that this year. That is all I got to say about that!
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott
          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Mar 28 2004, 11:15 AM
            This was the Virgin Islands, so the only plates applicable were those on the ferry over.
            In that case, I dont know their laws.........

I'd smack the shit out of her and make damn sure the rest of her trip wasnt pleasant.

Did you enjoy the trip Reg? I didnt know thats where you went.

Comment

I would have marched her ass back up to the room, and she would have literally washed her mouth out with soap. I wish she'd been a bit younger, I'd would have spanked her ass right there on the beach.

IMO, this reflects on the laxness that her parents have allowed. If I'd pulled that stunt on my dad, the coast gaurd would have been sent to find my ass out in the ocean. (I'm not trying to be funny, either).
              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I'm the mom and I'd beat her ass...

my kids try to yell at me, and well that's the one thing they WILL NOT get away with, let alone tell me "fuck you"....
                Feb. 08, 2005
                Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                Originally posted by Airshark
                NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Personally, I'd have taken her swimming for awhile....until the bubbles stopped. But it was evident there were some "holes" in this young lady's upbringing. Mom and Dad got what they paid for.

But sitting there on a beach in the VI on Dad's dime and telling him to fuck off....incredible.

Yup. It was fun, and it was FREE.

Comment

I think the parents are more to blame here than the child is.

Think about what they have allowed in the past, behind closed doors. If she gets away with this in public, you know its worse at home.

The fact that he said that half heartedly was probably for the benefit of all the bystanders.

I'd make damn sure she never uses the F word again.

Comment

Free? WTF? How'd you swing that?
                      " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

That would be the end of the lil darling's vacation.

She could spend the rest of it her room or we just shut it down for the whole family.

I remember one year when I was a kid on vacation with my family and my brother and I was squabbling over some stupid shit and my Dad warns us if we don't knock it off that vacation would be over and damned if he didn't mean it. We kept barking at each other and Dad just calmly said 'Start packing, we are going home'.

Dad never put up with ANY back talk. And we hardly ever gave him any...and we sure as hell didn't even try it front of other people.
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 28 2004, 11:25 AM
                          I think the parents are more to blame here than the child is.

Think about what they have allowed in the past, behind closed doors. If she gets away with this in public, you know its worse at home.

The fact that he said that half heartedly was probably for the benefit of all the bystanders.

I'd make damn sure she never uses the F word again.
                          Agree 100% Jack
                          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Mar 28 2004, 11:22 AM
                            Personally, I'd have taken her swimming for awhile....until the bubbles stopped. But it was evident there were some "holes" in this young lady's upbringing. Mom and Dad got what they paid for.

But sitting there on a beach in the VI on Dad's dime and telling him to fuck off....incredible.

Yup. It was fun, and it was FREE.
                            The bottom line is that the kid has been spoiled by never being disciplined. My kids would never do that because by age 15 they already knew better.
                            RIP Stan the Man
                            The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                            I miss TLR!

Comment

Originally posted by TTB@Mar 28 2004, 11:25 AM
                              That would be the end of the lil darling's vacation.

She could spend the rest of it her room or we just shut it down for the whole family.

I remember one year when I was a kid on vacation with my family and my brother and I was squabbling over some stupid shit and my Dad warns us if we don't knock it off that vacation would be over and damned if he didn't mean it. We kept barking at each other and Dad just calmly said 'Start packing, we are going home'.

Dad never put up with ANY back talk. And we hardly ever gave him any...and we sure as hell didn't even try it front of other people.
                              There have been lots of occasions that my kids have been little shits out in public, and we just get up and leave. We get home, and they get their asses beat.

I have found a new thing for them - I make them hold hands, and not just hold hands, but their fingers have to interlock.... heh heh....I'm evil, I know, but they really are good kids, no matter how much I may bitch about them!
                              Feb. 08, 2005
                              Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                              Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                              Originally posted by Airshark
                              NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Working...
                              X