local Limbaugh outlet dissed by Kerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local Limbaugh outlet dissed by Kerry

I was listening to Bob Hamilton interview a KMOX reporter, a woman named Hyland, who was denied access to John Kerry offered to local tv reporters. The KMOX attitude was that the Kerry aide who stopped her probably did not know that she was denying access to someone from such a prestigious, important news source. Or maybe she was just told it's someone from the Limbaugh station. You load up a free three hour commercial for republicans on a daily basis, and there will be a segment of the population which cannot look at you with the proper level of reverence.
    v

The only reason to listen to the mighty mox is Cardinal baseball and I do mean the only reason!
    RIP Stan the Man
    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
    I miss TLR!

Comment

Seems petty and shortsighted to me - for a reason.
      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Hint: Your posts are REALLY meaningless when you can't even finish your thought!
        Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 28 2004, 10:10 AM
          I gotta wonder if it was part of a general policy of hostility toward radio people. TV and print are the part of the "left-wing media' you hear about most. Radio, particularly talk radio, is usually considered to be more conservative. If it is policy, rather than an isolated incident, it is questionable policy. KMOX would like to have it be a cause celebre because of their self-perceived lofty status---it might be that Kerry's aide just considered them to be one of those radio pains in the ass. If so, that would be a bigger story.
          v

Comment

Dick2 = Dumbass
            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

kjoe,

It may be a tactic, as candidates are more likely to get tough follow-up questions on radio.

Bush has been remarkably effective in framing Kerry as a flip-flopper on all issues and I'm certain the Kerry campaign is a bit gunshy about fielding those questions from radio types.

This is a serious mis-read of the St. Louis media market.

Kid gloves for everyone.

Comment

We're still in spring training. Used to be, the nation focused on the presidential election after the World Series. Bad move on Kerry's part to leave KMOX with Kit Bond babbling about how Kerry used to favor a 50 cent gas tax hike.
                v

Comment

Joe,

Everything operates now at hyper-speed.

Candidates use to wait for the nominating convention to train their fire on the other party.

Democrats decided to go after Bush in their primary season.

Bush had to return fire or get swamped.

Comment

Working...
                  X