Martz making sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martz making sense

As for choreographed celebrations, Martz said, "Any celebration designed for anything other than just the emotion of the moment is wrong. I understand why people did not like the (the Rams') Bob 'n Weave, because it was deemed to be kind of an in-your-face deal. It certainly was never meant that way by the guys doing it.

"But I just feel like a player has to understand that once he gets in the end zone, there's 10 other guys that helped get him there. And to bring attention to yourself is somehow inherently wrong. That's how I feel about it.

"Now if a guy wants to do a Lambeau Leap, I could care less. But to stand there, and go through the gyrations, and pull the pen out, and pull the sign out, somehow it's not right. ... You've got to keep the integrity of the game."
    Dude. Can. Fly.

I've never understood how the Lambeau Leap isn't "premeditated."

Comment

Look at the film of the game from the 60's on back. There were no hugs, high fives, dancing, or anything else. They simply handed the ball to the official, and went back to the bench. The handshakes and pats of the back took place there.
      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

"Now if a guy wants to do a Lambeau Leap, I could care less. But to stand there, and go through the gyrations, and pull the pen out, and pull the sign out, somehow it's not right. ... You've got to keep the integrity of the game."
        More proof that this fucker isnt a genius
        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 28 2004, 12:10 PM
          More proof that this fucker isnt a genius
          I'm old school on this issue..."act like you've been there before"...high-fiving your teammates, fingering eachothers asses or whatever...that's great...but any of the dancing, jumping, spiking or other choreographed action designed solely to mug for the camera is no good...we oughtta add that to the lounge platform:

"Protests against news media (esp. ESPN) for glorifying knuckleheads on their highlights."
          . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
          -mike
          mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

It's BS.

I enjoy them because they should piss off the other team. One of the best series of events was the Owens running to the Dallas star and Smith clocking him.

Comment

If the majority of the fans wanted this nonsense shit to go on, the XFL would be alive and well.
              Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 28 2004, 11:26 AM
                If the majority of the fans wanted this nonsense shit to go on, the XFL would be alive and well.
                The XFL didn't die because of celebrations, it died because the quality of play was pitiful.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar+Mar 28 2004, 01:40 PM-->
                  QUOTE (devaskar @ Mar 28 2004, 01:40 PM)

I might be thinking along the same lines as Martz, or just all by myself. I don't like individual antics, but I really like celebrations involving two or more players. It intensified the rivalries between teams, rather than seeming like self-promotion.
                  v

Comment

• Working...
                    X