Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Clarke on Meet The Press

Should be interesting!
    Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

The White House approved his book for publication. WTF?

Clarke agreed ( as Senator Frist calls for) to have his previous Congressional testimony declassified and released to the public-- all 6 hours, not just bits and pieces -- so that his 9/11 testimony can be fairly scrutinized for inconsistencies.

But... Clarke also called for the White House to release all of his pre-9/11 emails, both to and from Condoleeeeeeeeza Rice, regarding Al Qaeda threats. Also that Condoleeeeeeezza Rice's testimony before the 9/11 Commission be declassified and made public.

I wonder what the White House will say to that?
    Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

The last thing the WH wants is a full blown investigation.

I suspect we will see backtracking on the perjury hysteria.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Good for both Clarke and Kerry. Putting them on the spot, challenging them to find falsehoods in Clarke's testimony.

The ball is in this administration's court now. Will they play ball, or go home?
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

This-- Karl Rove driven-- administration is only capable of playing hard ball, cleverly twisting facts while doing so.

Clarke significantly disarmed the White House when he called for the declassification of all-- not just convenient sound bites-- of his 2002 testimony, plus the total package of his and Condleeeeeezza'a pre-9/11 emails.

Bring it on!

Comment

Dick2 = Dumbass
            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Great line from Bernies column...

Jack was more evasive than Condoleeza Rice.
              I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by davhaf@Mar 29 2004, 10:55 AM
                Great line from Bernies column...

Jack was more evasive than Condoleeza Rice.
                Bernie needs to keep the political shots out of his columns. He likes to do that.
                "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by phantom+Mar 29 2004, 10:57 AM-->
                  QUOTE (phantom @ Mar 29 2004, 10:57 AM)

Originally posted by phantom+Mar 29 2004, 10:57 AM-->
                  QUOTE (phantom @ Mar 29 2004, 10:57 AM)

Originally posted by davhaf+Mar 29 2004, 11:06 AM-->
                  QUOTE (davhaf @ Mar 29 2004, 11:06 AM)
                  Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2004, 10:57 AM

Haf,

We're just enjoying the show.

The next time a lifer white male bureaucrat wants to rip a female black cabinet member of a Democrat Administration, we expect the same reverence.

LOL
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 29 2004, 11:12 AM
                    Haf,

We're just enjoying the show.

The next time a lifer white male bureaucrat wants to rip a female black cabinet member of a Democrat Administration, we expect the same reverence.

LOL
                    JD, you know that will happen. :rolleyes:
                    I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Yeah, let's say a guy like Clarke said that Maxine Waters was/is too stupid to know who Al Queada was/is.

I'm certain Dan Rather would continue using him as a credible source.

I can't see how anyone trusts one friggin' thing reported by our pathetic dominant media.

Comment

• Working...
                        X