Vaughn, Witt cut by Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaughn, Witt cut by Cards

JUPITER, Fla. - A feel-good camp fell hard on several veteran players Saturday as the Cardinals reassigned outfielder Greg Vaughn and projected lefthanded bench player Kevin Witt and utility infielder Wilson Delgado to minor-league camp.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

CG will be thrilled to death!
    RIP Stan the Man
    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
    I miss TLR!

Comment

I feel I let Greg down. Maybe I should have done something different. I don't know. I'll just crawl away for awhile and rethink my sponsorship of Cardinal players. :(
      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

La Russa said Saturday the team will fight to keep Rule 5 draftee Hector Luna rather than offer him back to the Cleveland Indians for $25,000. Luna leads the team with 12 RBIs. However, to keep him, the club probably would have to entertain optioning Bo Hart to Memphis.

Of Luna, La Russa said: "I can't see us giving him up."
        Woohoo, I knew he'd be a legend. Let's go Hector!

Comment

Haf,

Indeed - you spent too much time with Glen and no1cardfan.

In the words of the Donald, You're Fired!
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Working...
          X