No announcement yet.

Clarke Approved Saudi Flights After 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critical of bush is not an issue. Many sources are.

I have started another thread with the recent release of the 9/11 commission.

Please tell me if that compares to 60 minutes?
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

lazy...lost of quotes, no source cites that I can see, other than the reference to The Weekly Standard in one...
      The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 29 2004, 03:28 PM
        Critical of bush is not an issue. Many sources are.

I have started another thread with the recent release of the 9/11 commission.

Please tell me if that compares to 60 minutes?
        60 Minutes broke the story, but one could see Clarke's actual TESTIMONY on freaking C-SPAN...now, are you going to try and convince us that C-SPAN is biased??? He wrote a BOOK that you can buy IN A STORE. Hammering the media outlets in this instance proves your intransigence...
        The Dude abides.

Comment

His testimony, and even his book to some extent Moe, is much different than what he said on 60 minutes.

Why, because 60 minutes was a promotion for the book. Not uinder oath, no rules for ho.nesty

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 29 2004, 03:39 PM
            Not under oath, no rules for honesty.
            Just like Condi...

That said, please show me where an adminstration source contradicts his account of the facts...that the slime machine has been on full blast since last Monday morning is telling...he's credible, as was Paul O'Neill...Bushies REALLY don't like facts that don't match their preconceptions...
            The Dude abides.

Comment

Moe, you're killin me.

Condi should testify, as should bush, clinton and gore.

It will never happen. well, Condi may still.

Clarke testified and did fine. His facts of his testimony are not all that damning for any particular administration. Both share the same mistakes and inability to grasp the threat, or will to address it, pre 9/11. As a matter of fact it highlights the failings of diplomacy in these types of engagements.

His book is unprofessional, and proves him to be a sell out. It does nothing to help us focus on the issues of fighting terrorism.

His interview has been shown to be nothing but a publicity circus stunt.

He himself has undermined his own credibility, even as he proves to be one of the very few that understood Al-Qaeda and appreciate the threat. That is quit an accomplishment. His feeling were hurt, and he lashed out at an individual, instead of the system and sentiment that kept us from pre-emptively adressing the threat. Now the system failures are overshadowed by soudbites and partisan gamesmanship. just as so many other things.

Comment

His book is unprofessional ... ... It does nothing to help us focus on the issues of fighting terrorism.
                You're kidding, right? :rolleyes:
                Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

yeah, i see how it has cleared the water to focus on the issues. It hasn't muddied them at all.

Comment

How the committee itself spent 1.5 hours talking about his book, his political affiliations, his interview with 60 minutes, his interview with fox, instead of terrorism.

Comment

who he voted for

Comment

what his next job will be

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 29 2004, 04:12 PM
                          How the committee itself spent 1.5 hours talking about his book, his political affiliations, his interview with 60 minutes, his interview with fox, instead of terrorism.
                          Clarke points out glaring flaws in our response to terror threats.

Republicans waste time on character assassination of Clarke instead of thanking him for his insight and service to the country.

Therefore, Clarke took the focus off of terrorism.

Got it.
                          2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 29 2004, 04:16 PM-->
                            QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 29 2004, 04:16 PM)

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 29 2004, 03:16 PM-->
                            QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 29 2004, 03:16 PM)

Lazy - I didn't miss it, but it not's Clarke's fault if the Republicans waste time trying to character assasinate him during an investigation.
                            2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

• Working...
                              X