How about that John Kerry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about that John Kerry?

If you want a president whose interest is raising gasoline taxes by 50 cents, he's your man!!
    Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Despite my earlier promise, I may actually vote again in November.

I'll watch the debates. God Bless him but John has the ability to fuck this up. He's so scary and unpredictable.

Comment

Will Rogers never met a man he didn't like.

Kerry's never met a tax he wouldn't hike.
      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Mar 27 2004, 04:36 PM
        If you want a president whose interest is raising gasoline taxes by 50 cents, he's your man!!
        It's a great plan. It'll raise a ton of money. Oh.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Mar 27 2004, 04:36 PM
          You're going to back that up with a Kerry quote, or a link to an official statement on Kerry's web page, right? Because I would hate to think that you are pulling shit out of your ass, and Kerry does not support such an idea.

Comment

He supported it when it was drafted in a bill in the early days of the Slick Willie admin.
            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 28 2004, 10:48 PM
              He supported it when it was drafted in a bill in the early days of the Slick Willie admin.
              So that means he supports it now?

By that theory we all should know that President Bush supports recreational cocaine use and drunken driving.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 28 2004, 10:48 PM
                That's lovely, but I await confirmation, in the form of what bill it was in, who wrote the bill, who put in a suggestion that there be a gasoline tax, and what form Kerry's "support" took. Otherwise, I'll continue to assume that you are making shit up.

However, I thank you for your tacit admission that Kerry has supported no such bill in at least the last 11 years, has never said anything about a gasoline tax in this campaign, and has no such idea in his campaign platform.

Comment

John Maynard Kah,

You don't remember the days of the BTU Tax proposal, etc.?

Sure you do.

I'm sure you supported it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 28 2004, 10:54 PM
                    John Maynard Kah,

You don't remember the days of the BTU Tax proposal, etc.?
                    Ah. Something utterly different from a fifty-cent per gallon gas tax.

So far, all indications are that you are making shit up.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote+Mar 27 2004, 10:47 PM-->
                      QUOTE (pgrote @ Mar 27 2004, 10:47 PM)

Originally posted by BlueBrained+Mar 28 2004, 11:42 PM-->
                      QUOTE (BlueBrained @ Mar 28 2004, 11:42 PM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2004, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by TTB+Mar 29 2004, 12:37 AM-->
                      QUOTE (TTB @ Mar 29 2004, 12:37 AM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 28 2004, 11:42 PM

John Maynard Kah,

You wish.

I guarantee that Kerry supported the 50cent gas tax increase.

That's the type of issue that Massachusetts left-wingers just cannot resist.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBrained+Mar 28 2004, 11:42 PM-->
                        QUOTE (BlueBrained @ Mar 28 2004, 11:42 PM)
                        Working...
                        X