No announcement yet.

Record-High Gas Prices Not Stopping Motorists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our culture is not setup to turn on a dime at higher oil prices.

Mass transit is not a reality for most. Car pooling will become a little more evident and people may drive a bit less on weekends but that's about it.

Perhaps if gas stays high for an extended period than on the consumers next automobile purchase gas mileage is more of a factor.

For me, I'll bring my lunch to work more often and I'm even in terms of my budget. I'm not going to move closer to work, I'm not going to trade in my SUV. I'll just cut back in other areas.

The freedom our cars is engrained in our American culture.
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Hybrids will take off in the near future - they are already putting them in trucks ans SUVs soon.

Let the market decide - its the best way than having gov't getting involved more.

han solo

Comment

Solo, Agreed...

My overriding concern is how we quench the americans thirst for chep energy, so we can avoid conflicting foreign interests. Security, Political and Economical.
        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 27 2004, 03:55 PM
          Solo, Agreed...

My overriding concern is how we quench the americans thirst for chep energy, so we can avoid conflicting foreign interests. Security, Political and Economical.
          For me that is the #1 issue facing America. We must quench that thirst but it will take some time and maybe high gas prices for an extended period.

Yes...its even more important than the rights of non-smokers!
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Bush and Cheney-- the hosts of the closed Energy Policy Meetings of 2001-- weren't concerned until 2004.

Can someone explain this to me? Why this year? Will they also show their concern in, say .................................... 2008?
            Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

fuckface... they supply not demand...

Comment

Name calling. That's shows real class!
                Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

as opposed to consistently hijacking threads.

Comment

Prices have already stopped me... I almost never drive more than a couple miles away for something...

"
                    Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Comment

For Americans, you can take away all of civil liberties, including the right to shoot at one another from our pockets..............but GOD HELP YOU if you take away our rides!

These petroleum magnets could charge $10.00 a gallon and we still wouldn't walk or ride a bike.

FUKE EM!

Comment

Damn, since it's getting warmer, I guess I ought to get a motorcycle to ride the 1.4 miles to work...but it's hard to carry cases of bowling balls on the back of a bike.

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                          Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                          Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Working...
                          X