• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    phantom

• phantom
    replied
    Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 27 2004, 02:04 PM
    I agree with Kerry's position. It is about as moderate as you can get.

Of course, it still wont please many of those on the Right, since they ignorantly think that people choose their sexual orientations.
    Is this really all that different from the view of conservatives? Most are opposed to the institution of marriage for gays. I haven't heard many argue against the rights that Kerry is talking about.

Saying that they are born gay is just an attempt to get votes. I don't care if Kerry really believes that or not.

Leave a comment:

• Bleacher Creature

• Bleacher Creature
    replied
    Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Mar 27 2004, 02:36 PM
    He's trying to gain votes.. Can you blame him? Isn't it something like 70% of Americans are against gay marriage.
    The entire 30% in favor of it, must be on this froum.

Leave a comment:

• mellanby_equals_grit

• mellanby_equals_grit
    replied
    He's trying to gain votes.. Can you blame him? Isn't it something like 70% of Americans are against gay marriage.

Leave a comment:

• Damtoft

• Damtoft
    replied
    You intolerant bigot.

Just ask Kah.

Leave a comment:

• Razzy
    The White Raz

• Razzy
    replied
    I agree with Kerry's position. It is about as moderate as you can get.

Of course, it still wont please many of those on the Right, since they ignorantly think that people choose their sexual orientations.

Leave a comment:

• Damtoft

• Damtoft
    replied
    That vile hater.

I blame the Republicans.

Leave a comment:

• lazydaze

• lazydaze
    started a topic Kerry Clarifies Stance on Gays

Kerry Clarifies Stance on Gays

WASHINGTON — Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (search) says he believes people are born gay but are not guaranteed the right to marry within their own gender.

Asked why he favors civil unions (search) instead of marriage if people are born gay, Kerry replied: "What is distinct is the institutional name or whatever people look at as the sacrament within a church, or within a synagogue or within a mosque as a religious institution. There is a distinction. And the civil state really just adopted that, and it's the rights that are important, not the sort of ... the name of the institution."

Sound Familiar?
Working...
X