Kerry Clarifies Stance on Gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry Clarifies Stance on Gays

WASHINGTON — Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (search) says he believes people are born gay but are not guaranteed the right to marry within their own gender.

Asked why he favors civil unions (search) instead of marriage if people are born gay, Kerry replied: "What is distinct is the institutional name or whatever people look at as the sacrament within a church, or within a synagogue or within a mosque as a religious institution. There is a distinction. And the civil state really just adopted that, and it's the rights that are important, not the sort of ... the name of the institution."

Sound Familiar?
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

That vile hater.

I blame the Republicans.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

I agree with Kerry's position. It is about as moderate as you can get.

Of course, it still wont please many of those on the Right, since they ignorantly think that people choose their sexual orientations.
      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

You intolerant bigot.

Just ask Kah.
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

He's trying to gain votes.. Can you blame him? Isn't it something like 70% of Americans are against gay marriage.

"
          Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Mar 27 2004, 02:36 PM
            He's trying to gain votes.. Can you blame him? Isn't it something like 70% of Americans are against gay marriage.
            The entire 30% in favor of it, must be on this froum.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 27 2004, 02:04 PM
              I agree with Kerry's position. It is about as moderate as you can get.

Of course, it still wont please many of those on the Right, since they ignorantly think that people choose their sexual orientations.
              Is this really all that different from the view of conservatives? Most are opposed to the institution of marriage for gays. I haven't heard many argue against the rights that Kerry is talking about.

Saying that they are born gay is just an attempt to get votes. I don't care if Kerry really believes that or not.
              "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Working...
              X