• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dire warning

Sept. 4, 2001: A dire warning
    Josh Meyer, Los Angeles Times

March 25, 2004

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Seven days before Sept. 11, 2001, former White House counterterrorism chief Richard Clarke was so alarmed at the threats posed by Al-Qaida that he urged administration colleagues to imagine a terrorist attack that left hundreds of Americans dead, it was disclosed Wednesday.

Clarke urged policymakers "to imagine a day after hundreds of Americans lay dead at home and abroad after a terrorist attack, and ask themselves what else they could have done," according to a portion of the confidential memo to national security adviser Condoleezza Rice that was paraphrased during a hearing of the commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/1576/4684323.html

Condoleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezza! :angry:
    Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Dick2 = Dumbass
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

JD: Go buy some $1.05 gasoline, genius!
      Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

Originally posted by nick2@Mar 27 2004, 11:42 AM
        JD: Go buy some $1.05 gasoline, genius!
        Tell it to OPEC, bobblehead....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Nice hearing from you 007. Please don't let my little digs on JD, which point out the inaccuracies of some of his know-it-all posts bother you. Though not always fair-- because he is such an easy target, I find this much better than to lower myself to his level, by responding in kind to his usual vile, degrading, attacking comments.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by nick2@Mar 27 2004, 12:21 PM
            Nice hearing from you 007. Please don't let my little digs on JD, which point out the inaccuracies of some of his know-it-all posts bother you. Though not always fair-- because he is such an easy target, I find this much better than to lower myself to his level, by responding in kind to his usual vile, degrading, attacking comments.

Keep up the good work.
            You may be polar-opposites in political beliefs, but you aren't any better....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Not so Tricky Dick2,

You are one stupid sonofabitch.

This post is a perfect example.

Those that have been bitching that Bush did "too much" (Patriot Act, unnecessary war) AFTER 9/11 are now turning on a dime and claiming he "didn't do enough" prior to 9/11.

Go fuck yourself you pathetic cretin.

You don't have a leg to stand on.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Damtoft, you are great. And so smart, too. I am impressed by your intelligence.

I am shocked, however, by your thin skin! I guess I must be doing something right! No one else seems to be able to get under your skin as well as I do.

Keep the insults flying JD. It proves you have no argument. Fixed!

Comment

I don't suffer fools - with single digit IQ's - gladly.

Comment

You may be polar-opposites in political beliefs, but you aren't any better....
                    I just don't feel compelled to hurl personal insults at opponents in a political discussion!

That doesn't make me better than JD. What it means though, is that I choose to operate on a higher level of discussion than Damtoft.

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Comment

don't suffer fools - with single digit IQ's - gladly.

Brilliant!

Comment

I just tell it like it - apparently - is.

I would challenge you to prove me wrong, but you're clearly not up to it.

Comment

Other than justifying your own opinion-- by constantly repeating it-- what have you ever been right about?

I'm listening ...

Comment

If you could read, you wouldn't have to ask.

Comment

Hey George Dubya, do you think Damtoft needs a nap?

Comment

Working...
                              X