One of the best movies ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the best movies ever

I'm biased, but I never get sick of it. Nominated for best picture and I think it won best original screenplay. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

I agree. I went to IU and met my betrothed there. I love seeing the old haunts in that movie. Little 5 is amazing.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man@Feb 22 2004, 03:07 PM
      I agree. I went to IU and met my betrothed there. I love seeing the old haunts in that movie. Little 5 is amazing.

Moon
      Moon,

Without a doubt the best week of the year. When did you graduate? Ever go back and visit the alma mater?

Comment

Got my sheepskin in '90 and have gone on to a life of relative mediocrity and obscurity. Yep, the Missus and I try to go to one football game a year with some friends from college. Nothing like having a beer at Nick's on a Saturday afternoon, taking a nap and hitting the Irish Lion for a few cold ones before finishing off the night at the 'Bird.

*sniff* *sniff* I wish I was young again....Oh wait, I am perpetually immature, so I guess that counts.

Moon

Comment

Football, eh? Give you credit for being that dedicated. I had season tickets freshman year with Randle El but wasn't going to fork over 55 bucks to watch a 1-AA team. I still haven't been to Nick's even though I've been 21 for two months now. Have you checked out Bluebird since they made the addition? Way better. There is talk that Sports may be closed down. If you are over 21 there, you are in the minority. It's only a matter of time before Excise goes there and busts everybody. Wish I could have gone there when you did, I can't even have a beer at my house without being busted by nationals or the university.

Comment

Nick's is a great place.

Haven't been to the Bird since the addition. Thank god they finally did that. That place is a Great Whitesque tragedy waiting to happen.

Never been to Sports. Is that the place diagonal from the Bluebird, next to the Hardees (?), or is the place further down the street by Taco Bell?

The under-21 crowd hung out at Hooligans when I was there. It was the downstairs bar diagonal from People's Park. You got a 32 oz Long Island on your 21st birthday. Damn I got hammered that night.

Excise hit that place weekly when I was there. They were pricks then too. We used to smuggle beer into the dorm in golf bags. A couple fraternities got busted too, and the penalties were harsh. The schemes frats devised to avoid being caught were truly amazing.

Would have liked to go to more basketball games, but the tickets were just too hard, and it doesn't lend itself to partying as much as tailgating for football.

Moon

Comment

It's ridiculous. SAE, Sig Ep, Delta Chi, and Pikes all were kicked off since I've been here. Beta and Theta Chi were kicked off the year before. Sports is right by Taco Bell. Hooligan's is no longer here, though just by the name it sounds like a great place.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man@Feb 22 2004, 03:42 PM
                Nick's is a great place.

Haven't been to the Bird since the addition. Thank god they finally did that. That place is a Great Whitesque tragedy waiting to happen.

Never been to Sports. Is that the place diagonal from the Bluebird, next to the Hardees (?), or is the place further down the street by Taco Bell?

The under-21 crowd hung out at Hooligans when I was there. It was the downstairs bar diagonal from People's Park. You got a 32 oz Long Island on your 21st birthday. Damn I got hammered that night.

Excise hit that place weekly when I was there. They were pricks then too. We used to smuggle beer into the dorm in golf bags. A couple fraternities got busted too, and the penalties were harsh. The schemes frats devised to avoid being caught were truly amazing.

Would have liked to go to more basketball games, but the tickets were just too hard, and it doesn't lend itself to partying as much as tailgating for football.

Moon
                Moon-

Where is the old avatar, mate?? I loved your old one..I thought it was the best one

Comment

I liked Breaking Away a lot. I remember going to see it when I was a kid. I've only seen one other movie about bike racing, American Flyers with Kevin Costner. Not as good as breaking away, but I still liked it. Also, Rae Dawn Chong was in it and I have always thought she was really hot in a strange way.
                  "They misunderestimated me."
                  Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                  -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

Breaking Away is in my all-time top 10.

Great characters in a cool story based in a small midwestern town much like the one I grew up in. I've heard that the movie is loosely based on a true story and it seems as if it could have happened in real life.
                    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Dhaab,
                      It is a true story, but was tweaked a little bit. Portrayed the school accurately, unlike "Season on the Brink" which could be one of the worst movies ever made.

Comment

Working...
                      X