Well...I got the job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...I got the job

Beginning Monday, I'll be working full-time in the video vault at Fox Sports Net. The job seems like it's going to suck and it won't really help me get to where I want to go but it's a job and I need the money.

Now I can get DirecTV.

Awesome, congrats Dev.

Comment

It is a start, better than nothing man. Just wow them with all you know and you will be moving up.
      Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott
      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 26 2004, 12:27 PM
        Beginning Monday, I'll be working full-time in the video vault at Fox Sports Net. The job seems like it's going to suck and it won't really help me get to where I want to go but it's a job and I need the money.

Now I can get DirecTV.
        Congrats.

Is it decent pay?

Sounds like a fun job, seriously.
        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Congrats!!!!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Congrats...and don't be so sure it's not going to get you where you want to go...
            The Dude abides.

Comment

Dev--

Good on ya, mate...congrats. It's a good start..especially since its in the field you want...just impress them with your sports insight...you'll be movin up in no time...

I bet there is some nice talent that works there...gotta keep us posted..

Comment

Does this mean you can hook Sparrow up on a date with Ann Carroll?

Comment

Way to go, man.
                  Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

dev,

Sounds good.

Make sure you relax and get the lay of the land.
                    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 26 2004, 12:30 PM
                      Does this mean you can hook Sparrow up for a date with Ann Carroll?
                      No, it means he can hook her up with me.

Monica, who you got that is hot working where you will intern?

Can you hook a brotha up?

Comment

Kick ass, man.

That's great to hear. You deserve it. Congrats bud...
                        Official Sponsor: Tyler Hansbrough and the North Carolina Tar Heels

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 26 2004, 12:27 PM

Now I can get DirecTV.
                          You left one major detail out.

Will they allow you to post on here during work hours?

That would have been a crucial negotiating point

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow+Mar 26 2004, 01:31 PM-->
                            QUOTE (JackSparrow @ Mar 26 2004, 01:31 PM)

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 26 2004, 10:29 AM
                            Congrats.

Is it decent pay?

Sounds like a fun job, seriously.
                            Entry-level salary but full benefits, ten days of vacation time, two personal days, 10 sick days.

The job itself won't be that much fun because I'll basicly be a video librarian. But the other stuff around the job will be fun--interacting with a lot of cool people around the building that I know from when I interned there, access to tapes of every sporting event for about a year (at which point they copy off just the best plays and tape over it) and coaches' film for NFL games (because I'm a loser who likes watching coaches' film and trying to be Ron Jaworski), the random run ins with celebrities who are on The Best Damn Sports Show Period (I got to touch Brooke Burke when she was on in 2002!) and maybe even the occassional run in with Lisa Dergan!!

Comment

• Working...
                              X