Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever Know You're Smarter Than Radio Guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Know You're Smarter Than Radio Guys?

So I mistakenly listen to some of KFNS this morning on the way to work, about 7:40 or so and these clowns are talking about Ray Lankford.

They called it a desperate move. They talked about how the team would be lucky to get any production out of him. About how he's washed up, etc.

It was at this point that something hit me that I've known for quite awhile, but never really thought about: I'm so much smarter than these smurfs on KFNS.

Do they not know shit? Obviously not.

Case in point: They talked about Lankford replacing Drew and probably not going to be able to "get the job done." Do these fuckfaces not realize that Sanders is replacing Drew? How much less production will you get from Sanders than my man JD? I'm not sure, but that's not THEIR point.

These smurfs fail to understand that Sanders is replacing Drew and -- essentially -- Ray is replacing Tin0. Surely, Ray cannot do worse than Tin0. He has to do better, and he will.

Thus, our overall production should -- in theory -- be better. These stupid sonsofbitches can't see that.

Then they talked about how great the real Smurf is, which gave me a clue as to why they didn't think much of Lankford.

Here's the question:

-- With Sanders in right, Ray in left, and Pujols at first, do you agree that the production this year will AT THE VERY LEAST RIVAL that of last year with Drew, Tin0, and Pujols in left?

I know all about the pitching, and I still think we're third best, but these fuckers are clueless.

Since the KNFS smurfs read this board now....

READ THIS:

Most of here are smarter than you.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

WS,

Ray has looked very good in spring training.

I'm still concerned about the high heat.

The pitchers don't really start cutting loose until mid-April/May.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Winston. Most of them know that we think we're smarter than them....it's the nature of internet forums. Everyone's a genius when hiding behind the guise of the internet.

They also know that we all ARE smarter than Hadley.

Either way, that's a real nice way of welcoming them if they are reading.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

They are not paid to be smart just contraversial. That way you listen, to see what stupid thing they say next.

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke@Mar 26 2004, 11:32 AM
          They are not paid to be smart just contraversial. That way you listen, to see what stupid thing they say next.
          They're paid to get listeners. You don't get people to listen by being right all the time. You get them to listen by sparking conversation and encouraging participation.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Winston, you got them on a major technicality.

Sure, he is washed up. We knew that when Walt pulled the trigger for Woody.

I hope you can see that the fact he is on this team tells you how shitty a year we will have. The fact we are relying on him speaks volumes.

This is the only team in MLB that considers KRob, Delgado, and Tankford as potential starters.
            Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

He may be serviceable as a platoon player.

We've got nothing from the right side out there.

But, WS is right.

His numbers will be Tino-like for 1/14th the price.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Man...there is no love for RayRay

Honsetly...I'd rather have Willie McGee out there...dont care if he's 48 or not...better than So-So and KFlob

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 26 2004, 11:47 AM

Honsetly...I'd rather have Willie McGee out there...dont care if he's 48 or not...better than So-So and KFlob
                  POST OF THE WEEK
                  Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 26 2004, 11:47 AM

DING ©

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I thought it was KFlop

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 26 2004, 11:28 AM
                        So I mistakenly listen to some of KFNS this morning on the way to work, about 7:40 or so and these clowns are talking about Ray Lankford.

They called it a desperate move. They talked about how the team would be lucky to get any production out of him. About how he's washed up, etc.

It was at this point that something hit me that I've known for quite awhile, but never really thought about: I'm so much smarter than these smurfs on KFNS.

Do they not know shit? Obviously not.

Case in point: They talked about Lankford replacing Drew and probably not going to be able to "get the job done." Do these fuckfaces not realize that Sanders is replacing Drew? How much less production will you get from Sanders than my man JD? I'm not sure, but that's not THEIR point.

These smurfs fail to understand that Sanders is replacing Drew and -- essentially -- Ray is replacing Tin0. Surely, Ray cannot do worse than Tin0. He has to do better, and he will.

Thus, our overall production should -- in theory -- be better. These stupid sonsofbitches can't see that.

Then they talked about how great the real Smurf is, which gave me a clue as to why they didn't think much of Lankford.

Here's the question:

-- With Sanders in right, Ray in left, and Pujols at first, do you agree that the production this year will AT THE VERY LEAST RIVAL that of last year with Drew, Tin0, and Pujols in left?

I know all about the pitching, and I still think we're third best, but these fuckers are clueless.

Since the KNFS smurfs read this board now....

READ THIS:

Most of here are smarter than you.
                        add this to the platform
                        Are you on the list?

Comment

I don't remember anyone nominating them for a Peabody Award, so this isn't a surprise.....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 26 2004, 11:51 AM
                            I thought it was KFlop
                            I'm going with "Smurf."
                            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

IF the guy could hit lefties then he could be a hell of a relpacement to Eddie Perez

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Working...
                              X