Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Um, so why aren't we talking about Pace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, so why aren't we talking about Pace?

A thread was started with a weird title about Pace, but it seems that no one cares that he is basically saying they can get something done? And that he might be signalling that the Postons will be told to lower their demands? And perhaps they will even be fired? And we want to discuss whether or not we should discuss politics?

I'll try again:

Orlando Pace ended his silence Thursday on his latest contract stalemate with the Rams. And he ended it in a big way.

Responding to an article in Sunday's Post-Dispatch, Pace said, "If what was written is true, and they're willing to go $15-16-17 million in signing bonus, I think we can get something done."

Citing two team sources, the Sunday story said the Rams would have been willing to boost their initial offer of a $13 million signing bonus to as high as $16 million or $17 million.

"If I knew that, we could've really gotten a deal done," Pace said.

But things never got that far after Pace's agent, Carl Poston, made a March 4 counter offer of seven years, $71 million, including a $27 million signing bonus. The Poston counter proposal called for $34 million of guaranteed money.

When asked if those numbers were really what he was seeking from the Rams, Pace replied: "No. No. Not at all."

Then Pace dropped a very strong hint that he would either change agents or would instruct Poston to lower his contract demands substantially.

"There will probably be some changes in the future," Pace said.

-snip-

"I'm pretty motivated (to get something done)," Pace said. "I'm to the point where two years of being franchised is not fun. I want to be here, and play, and be in the locker room with the guys, and things like that.

-snip-

But coach Mike Martz said, "I'm stunned, and yet I'm guardedly very excited. This is the first time that Orlando has spoken out and declared how much he wants to be a Ram. I've always felt that way about Orlando. I know where his heart is. I've got my fingers crossed, and am thrilled that there's a chance that we could keep him until he retires."

P-D story

Note to Mods: please don't merge this thread with the other where people are talking about Lent or something??!?? Thx.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

That's awesome.

It's one thing when the agent works for the player, and completely different when he works for the almighty dollar. Poston. I hope Big O stomps him silly before he switches and signs with us.

Comment

Free whores all around
      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Great news. I can't stand these agents. I don't understand why the players don't step up more often.

Comment

Martz is known for having good "feelings" about players. Like his good "feelings" about Warner that he apparently has thrown out the window? Martz sucks as a head coach and has terrible personnel management skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenotebacker@Mar 26 2004, 10:36 AM
            Martz is known for having good "feelings" about players. Like his good "feelings" about Warner that he apparently has thrown out the window? Martz sucks as a head coach and has terrible personnel management skills.
            He's had some great 1st round choices based on feelings: Trung Candidate, Damione Lewis, Ryan Pickett, Jimmie Kennedy, etc.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

How can Pace not know what his agents are asking for? Anyone who knows the NFL, knows about the Postons and their outrageous contract demands. He tried to fire them once and Carl Poston called O's wife and she talked him out of it.

I do hope O signs a long term deal. He is a top 3 LT, but for him to say he didn't know what his agent was asking for is BS IMO.
              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

OK, while Martz bashing is fun ...

Pace-Postons-might sign- ...

discuss.

I would personally feel better if OP were locked up for a few years.

Especially with Fragile Chris Chandler back there ...
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 26 2004, 10:38 AM
                  How can Pace not know what his agents are asking for? Anyone who knows the NFL, knows about the Postons and their outrageous contract demands. He tried to fire them once and Carl Poston called O's wife and she talked him out of it.
                  Exactly.
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I hope Pace fires Poston BEFORE he signs the deal and thus gets his cut.

Comment

Originally posted by tigernumbe@Mar 26 2004, 10:42 AM
                      I hope Pace fires Poston BEFORE he signs the deal and thus gets his cut.
                      QFA

I'd like nothing more than to see Pace signed for at least 3 more years, and to see Poston and his busybody wife out on their asses

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenotebacker+Mar 26 2004, 10:43 AM-->
                        QUOTE (Bluenotebacker @ Mar 26 2004, 10:43 AM)

Great news about OP, and if anyone should get a large signing bonus, it's an all-world OT....and it will be good to have him in camp...but, we are cap strangled already and this won't help...IMO, we are entering the inevitable valley...too bad MM couldn't close the deal...

Moe
                        The Dude abides.

Comment

I've heard other stories about Poston's wife. Plus, married to him, she's gotta be a bitch. :P

Comment

I posted the original article and think its good news, but we won't know if theres any truth in what Pace says until summer.

No way the Rams can sign a long term until after July 15 or they lose the right to franchise another player for the length of the Pace contract.

Also posted that the Rams signed Sean Moran. Returned to STL after his stint with the 49'ers. Hope Sean still has something left since we look a little bare at defensive end.
                            Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

• Working...
                              X