Axemen, unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axemen, unite!

I used to have this lovely little '65 Les Paul, DiMarzio PAFs and brass gear...unfortunately, I lost it in a fire. I've always been partial to LPs, but have played others...LOVED my friend's Framus electric 12 (would love to talk him out of it); damn near had a hernia playing an SG doubleneck, plus I'm not that co-ordinated; never was very fond of Strats; never played a Music Man, but heard they were sweet. Discuss!

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

I sometimes watch Matlock.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I actually sold a Les Paul Deluxe about ten years ago in favor of my Squier Strat.

Specifically a pre-Malaysian, Korean made Squier Strat

I also had a Fender American Standard Tele until about a year ago .. never did like the feel compared to the Strat.
      Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

I've had a couple Les Pauls, one being a '73 Gold Top that I wish I still had. It was heavy & pretty one-dimensional like most Pauls are, but it was a pretty sweet guitar. The neck pickup was just fantastic. Got as close to a big jazz box tone as I've ever heard in a solidbody.

As you might guess from my screen name, I'm a Tele guy. I do have a Strat that I would never part with, & if I ever went back to playing in a blues band, the Strat would be the choice. But the band I'm in now is predominantly a country band that also does some SRV, Skynryd, Black Crowes, Georgia Satellites, etc etc (your standard bar band stuff), so the Tele w/3 pickups gets the classic country twang, yet can scream when I want it to.

Guitars are so ridiculously over-priced these days. I think the most beautiful guitar ever created is the Gretsch White Falcon model 6193 w/the Bigsby tailpiece. But I don't have $3-4k just layin around to get one. I have diapers, Pooh & Wiggles videos, Nike Shox (for the 14 yr old), & school stuff to buy.
        "As I said much earlier in this thread, I'm not sure there's a better poster here than Mr. Telecaster."

Kaiser
        12-9-04

Comment

Working...
        X