How in the Hell do you capture video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in the Hell do you capture video?

OK, so I got this new digital camcorder. It came with some software that seems like it is mostly used for bringing in and editing the damn still shots! WTF. The only video capture option it gives me is to write the video directly to a VCD.

Now I'm not one to read manuals, but I did this time. Twice. And it still doesn't tell me how to fucking capture the video straight to my PC. Am I missing something here? Seriously, anyone who helps me solve this problem drinks free if we ever do the Lounge night out.

Please. I'm about to murder this piece of shit.

make your pick in the pay-league draft, and I'll give you the secrets...
    . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
    -mike
    mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Are you running XP?
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

I swear I'm not stupid
        You might want to take that back.
        OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF RICK ANKIEL AND TRAVIS FISHER

\'user

Comment

Use the cord thing to connect the thing to the computer game-playing kinda thing with the t.v.

Actually, connect your camera to your PC either by FireWire or USB, open up your video-editing software, and click either "Capture" or "Import."

At least that's how I do it.

Comment

It's not my pick yet.

The software that came with it only gives me the option to burn it directly to VCD which I do not want to do.

Comment

SneaK up on it, preferrably in the woods, with a guinea sack, and boom... You got it... Damn video can be quite elusive tho so bring your A game..

Seriously, what kind of video card are you employing here? I use an ATI.. I take it you are wanting to lay the video on HD, and not do caps (vid caps)? It may lie more in your card than the software you got with camera. . I could be wrong tho... Peace.
              Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

If you have Windows Movie Maker you can import using that.
                Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

My card is an ATI Raedon? Something like that.

Comment

First off, how many free USB ports do you have? Secondly, are you specifiying the routing on any of your UDP ports? And finally, why would you ask anyone on a board that hails me as it's hero?
                    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Mar 25 2004, 10:44 PM
                      First off, how many free USB ports do you have? Secondly, are you specifiying the routing on any of your UDP ports? And finally, why would you ask anyone on a board that hails me as it's hero?
                      are you fucking with me?

Comment

IT IS YOUR FUCKING PICK!
                        . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                        -mike
                        mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Mar 25 2004, 10:46 PM-->
                          QUOTE (Dr.Gonzo @ Mar 25 2004, 10:46 PM)

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker@Mar 25 2004, 10:48 PM
                          IT IS YOUR FUCKING PICK!
                          I picked, shitstorm.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson+Mar 25 2004, 10:49 PM-->
                            QUOTE (Turd Ferguson @ Mar 25 2004, 10:49 PM)
                            Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2004, 10:46 PM
                            Working...
                            X