Tribute Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute Bands

As my generation ages and we're losing our legs to arthritis, voices and hair...these types of performers seem to have found a niche. I suspect that many of us have read about this subject recently here in St Louis and in Rolling Stone.

It's a good thing.

It's like classical music where LSO or the St Louis Symphony performs classics as much and as close to the original as possible.

The ONLY thing that is a bit tacky is the way some of these performers try to take on the 'look' and actions of the original bands. When the little blonde drags me to Symphony Hall I don't see them dressed like Beethoven.

A small piece of advice. If you like the Allman Bros there's a great band that is from St Louis called Morgantown. They do the ORIGINAL stuff, as difficult as it is Perfectly.

When you have a chance, check them out at Westport or that place on South Lindbergh.

Okay, Lode, you, me and fender tele have to get together for a jam session...of course, the only axe I have left is an Ovation 12-string. But, I can play the hell out of Roger McGuinn...

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Dog? I ain't bull-jiving. These guys do EVERYTHING from In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed to Statesboro Blues (sic?) back and forth SO perfectly that you'll (use your imagination) think you're listening to Duane and the guys again. They do the more contemporary Dickie Betts stuff too and the singers do a nice rendition of Greg's stuff. The double-lead is just spot-on. It's really the BEST I've ever seen and weirdly they're they are (a St Louis band) hugely successful (I know this means nothing but it's kind of cool) in Finland, Sweden and Norway. They're like the BIGGEST touring American band here and, most of them, are from here. The lead axe is from Morgantown, Kentucky who has married the keyboard player who's from Ladue (went to MICDS) and the 'Betts' guy is from Chained. It's UNBELIEVABLE how talented they are.

I've wafted on too far. I LOVE the Allman Bros and these guys/gals do it the best I've ever seen since the old days.

Comment

Is there a tribute band for the Monkeys?

Now that's a ticket I gotta have.
        Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Lode, sounds interesting; I'll have to check them out...
          But, we still should get together for an "old pharts" jam session, just for the hell of it!

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
          Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
          Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Working...
          X