Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Mizzou fans dreaming...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any Mizzou fans dreaming...

    4 games left.
    Running the table gets its done.

    3 and 1 move to the bubble and better make the championship game of the tournament.

    2 and 2 or worse better win the tournament.

    I am more worried about the two road games at K. State and Texas Tech than the 2 home games against the ranked opponents.

    RPI at 47 last week and going lower.

    Just my thoughts.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

    Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

    2017 BOTB bracket

  • #2
    I don't like the match-up vs. Oklahoma State but I am glad it's on the Tigers' home court.

    KU is not that great so I am optimistic there.

    K-State on the road - for some reason Mizzou gets shellacked there every year. Ugh.

    And Texas Tech - if Mizzou played intense, they have the inside game to beat those guys.

    But yeah, 2-2 with losses to OSU and TT are likely.

    3-1 would be great though.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

    Comment


    • #3
      The sure way to get in is to win the tourney...failing that they better win out for the regular season
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TTB@Feb 22 2004, 12:06 PM
        The sure way to get in is to win the tourney...failing that they better win out for the regular season
        If they go 3-1 and win 1 in the tourney, I am thinking they will be OK. Their strength of schedule is in the top 10, so 17-12 will look better than the record indicates.

        Plus, if they finish in the top 4 of the Big 12, it will be hard to say no to them.
        Dude. Can. Fly.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Schwahalala@Feb 22 2004, 11:19 AM
          4 games left.
          Running the table gets its done.

          3 and 1 move to the bubble and better make the championship game of the tournament.

          2 and 2 or worse better win the tournament.

          I am more worried about the two road games at K. State and Texas Tech than the 2 home games against the ranked opponents.

          RPI at 47 last week and going lower.

          Just my thoughts.
          3-1 and we are in. We'd be at least tied for 4th in the league. No team has ever won 10 games in league play an left out. Plus, our rpi would be in the 30's. Doesn't really matter what happens in the tournament but I'd like one win just to be sure. Although it would be tough because we'd have a first round bye, making our first game pretty difficult.
          Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dvyyyyyy+Feb 22 2004, 12:11 PM-->
            QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Feb 22 2004, 12:11 PM)

          • #7
            You guys better be prepared to be disappointed.
            *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

            Comment


            • #8
              Mizzou's only chance @ the tourney is by either winning the conference tourney or by winning 6 more games this year.


              They'll only win 1 out of their remaining 4.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

              Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Feb 22 2004, 01:06 PM
                Mizzou's only chance @ the tourney is by either winning the conference tourney or by winning 6 more games this year.


                They'll only win 1 out of their remaining 4.
                wrong.
                Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by BurnKU+Feb 22 2004, 05:34 PM-->
                  QUOTE(BurnKU @ Feb 22 2004, 05:34 PM)

                • #11
                  Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Feb 22 2004, 06:09 PM-->
                  QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Feb 22 2004, 06:09 PM)
                  Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2004, 05:34 PM

                • #12
                  Man, we are so damn close to not having to worry about a thing. The losses to Texas, Gonzaga, and Belmont are especially hard to take. We win those games, we have an RPI in the 30-35 range and we have a 16-7 record, and are sitting pretty.

                  The next 4 games are all HUGE for Mizzou.
                  “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

                  Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

                  Comment


                  • #13
                    In looking at the sked, the Texas Tech game is the biggest. If Mizzou beats Texas Tech there and surpasses them or ties them in the standings for 4th in the Big 12, you gotta take Mizzou.
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

                    Comment


                    • #14
                      see you tools in the N I T
                      Are you on the list?

                      Comment


                      • #15
                        Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Feb 22 2004, 07:29 PM
                        In looking at the sked, the Texas Tech game is the biggest. If Mizzou beats Texas Tech there and surpasses them or ties them in the standings for 4th in the Big 12, you gotta take Mizzou.
                        If they finish 4th in the big 12 they are probably in but may get a hellacious seed.
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.


                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X