Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got All Star Baseball 2005 for the XBox today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got All Star Baseball 2005 for the XBox today.

The graphics are excellent and game play is pretty smooth. It allows you to choose throwback jerseys before every game but no powder blue. I simulated through the first season just to see what would happen and the Cards won the division by 5 over the Astros. We can all dream right? The A.I. is pretty tough on this. I've only had it a couple hours and I'm going to LA in the morning so I won't have a chance to get too deep into it until next week. So far though I'm pretty impressed. It kept the best features from last years and made improvements on it. Like in last year if you created a player the computer assinged him an age, that sucked. This year you get to pick his age. Little things like that are what makes me enjoy a game more. So there's my quickie review. Have a good weekend everyone, I won't be back on here until Monday or Tuesday. (I can already see the "who gives a shit when you come back", posts coming. )
    "They misunderestimated me."
    Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
    -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

All-Star Baseball is a last option for me. I'd much rather play ESPN or MVP. Last year's All-Star Baseball just ruined the franchise for me. That was an awful game ridden with too many bugs and glitches.

Comment

Who gives a shit?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I used to love All-Star. It was the best SIM by far...with the others being too arcade-y.

But last year's product flatout SUCKED. HORRIBLE.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Is High Heat any good? I've never played it, but I used to hear good things about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy@Mar 25 2004, 04:55 PM
            Is High Heat any good? I've never played it, but I used to hear good things about it.
            High Heat used to be great...the deepest sim and franchise modes....but starting about 3 years ago, the gameplay went to shit.

I've never been a huge gameplay fan until MVP 04. It's really an amazing game.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

high heat was alright. not near as good as it was made out to be.

hitting was too easy. it was almost impossible to NOT hit the ball. the gameplay in the field was really good.

the thing i hated about it was the difficulty settings. it was either way too easy, or way too hard.

i had it on the second easiest setting, and i killed teams like 30-2 every time. all my players had btw 5-8 homers in the first 10 games of the year, even the pitchers.

so i knocked it up one more setting, to make it more competitive. figured i'd still win, just not as big. WRONG. i couldn't even get a guy to third base, much less score. and i didn't strike out, they just caught EVERYTHING. it was stupid.

3DO was bought out by Microsoft, i believe, so High Heat no longer exists. last years was the last edition.
              Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Mar 25 2004, 04:53 PM
                I used to love All-Star. It was the best SIM by far...with the others being too arcade-y.

But last year's product flatout SUCKED. HORRIBLE.
                Did you have it for PS2 or XBOX? I loved last years edition for XBOX and am so far enjoying the 05 version.
                "They misunderestimated me."
                Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

I played it for Xbox. Last year's game was terrible. I had players run through each other at least 5 times while playing that game. Awful.

But maybe that was just my copy!

Comment

Working...
                  X