Cards acquire Nate Espy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards acquire Nate Espy

JUPITER, Fla. -- Alan Benes threw a bullpen session on Wednesday, the first time he seriously threw off a mound since injuring an oblique muscle nearly two weeks earlier.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

i know we all hate kerry robinson and all, but he did have a really good spring. what position does this espy guy play? 2nd, i'm guessing?
    Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 25 2004, 12:38 PM
      i know we all hate kerry robinson and all, but he did have a really good spring. what position does this espy guy play? 2nd, i'm guessing?
      He's listed as an IF who's 6'3", 215...

Comment

Good.

I thought he was a pitcher
        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

He plays first base. He'll be at Memphis, probably forcing Gall to Left
          Field.
          OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF RICK ANKIEL AND TRAVIS FISHER

\'user

Comment

Some things that stick out........

Womack plays: New addition Tony Womack played in Wednesday afternoon's Triple-A game on the back fields at Roger Dean Stadium. Womack, who is still limited in the field due to elbow surgery he underwent last fall, had an RBI single as Memphis defeated Dontrelle Willis and Florida's Triple-A Albuquerque affiliate. Womack could serve as the designated hitter for the Cards in their game against the Orioles in Ft. Lauderdale on Thursday.
            Your boy is close to ready.

Why was Willis pitching there? Just to get some work in or what?

Comment

WINSTON................

Kerry Robinson reached base twice in three plate appearances, bringing his spring OBP above .400.

Comment

can't.....resist....any....longer.....must....use. ...pathetic...joke

And the Espy goes to.........

I'm truly sorry everyone.
                "As I said much earlier in this thread, I'm not sure there's a better poster here than Mr. Telecaster."

Kaiser
                12-9-04

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 25 2004, 12:46 PM
                  WINSTON................

Kerry Robinson reached base twice in three plate appearances, bringing his spring OBP above .400.
                  Everyone knows Robinson's bat will go silent once camp breaks. I just hope it's for Memphis and not St. Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 25 2004, 12:45 PM
                    Some things that stick out........

Womack plays: New addition Tony Womack played in Wednesday afternoon's Triple-A game on the back fields at Roger Dean Stadium. Womack, who is still limited in the field due to elbow surgery he underwent last fall, had an RBI single as Memphis defeated Dontrelle Willis and Florida's Triple-A Albuquerque affiliate. Womack could serve as the designated hitter for the Cards in their game against the Orioles in Ft. Lauderdale on Thursday.
                    Your boy is close to ready.

Why was Willis pitching there? Just to get some work in or what?
                    Work in...they wanted to give Phelps one more shot against a big squad....

VIVE LE WOMACK!!!

Comment

Womack-sometimes the worst thing about a problem is its solution.
                      Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 25 2004, 12:38 PM
                        Joe,

Who says we "all" hate Krob? Gotta admit his homer in the 9th last year vs those damn cubbies was cool.. Give him a shot. If he flounders well... He can't complain after that.. Go KROB!

The Tailor
                        Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

Working...
                        X