drafting order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drafting order?

okay. I am playing fb with some angels and playoff dodger fans again this year.

We play yahoo.

last year I had a bad draft, and this year I was going to draft only the good looking players, but I decided to win instead.

here are the categories and positions:

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Stat Categories: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, K, E, AVG, IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, ER, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

We don't do a live draft because of time differences and no one's around on weekends. I have to rank the players (not by position) all at once.

Does Arod still get picked #1 overall?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Re: A-Rod:

I'd probably expect his HR total to go down a bit, since he's out of Texas and playing in Yankee Stadium, which is not a very good power numbers park for right-handed hitters.

However, he's trading in division games against Oakland, Seattle and Anaheim (all below-average hitters' parks, I believe) for hitting havens like Baltimore and Boston. So...it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

He should also probably score a few more runs, in case you're playing 5x5. And he should still qualify at shortstop, which makes him especially value.

In summation: Yes, he should be #1 in most leauges.

Best,
    Ryan

Comment

And if I put Pujols in the #1 overall position then would that be a sin against fantasy baseball?

I am scared these punks are going to listen to me one day about how freaking good he is.

Arod can be #2...?

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Feb 22 2004, 09:38 AM
        And if I put Pujols in the #1 overall position then would that be a sin against fantasy baseball?

I am scared these punks are going to listen to me one day about how freaking good he is.

Arod can be #2...?
        You could be fine with that scenario.

Do you list pitchers and batters seperate, or one complete list
        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

it's a complete list.

for football, I put a bunch of rb's at the top. those guys always draft qb's first so I had a feeling I would do fine. And I did.

Those guys are going to put numbers 1-10 mostly pitchers. They always do.

they LOVE pitchers. I am thinking I should worry about offense...

Comment

Post your drafting position when you know it.

I hate to say it but pitching is usually the best way to go but there are so many variables.
            Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
            God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Okay.

Well, I will want Vazquez and Schilling. Beyond that, I will rank the pitchers a little higher than I was going to.

Think I'll put Dontrelle higher than some too.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Feb 22 2004, 01:47 PM
                Okay.

Well, I will want Vazquez and Schilling. Beyond that, I will rank the pitchers a little higher than I was going to.

Think I'll put Dontrelle higher than some too.
                Don't be suprised if Willis is in the bullpen. With Burnett coming back, he may be their long reliever. Look for Brandon Webb ahead of Dontrelle; Webb should have been ROY last year and his perihperal numbers were great, indicating that he should dominate again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Feb 22 2004, 10:36 AM
                  Post your drafting position when you know it.

I hate to say it but pitching is usually the best way to go but there are so many variables.
                  I usually draft strong in the pitching category. Two seasons ago I drafted all stud pitchers and had a runny nose offense, but managed to have a stranglehold on third place at mid-season. Towards the end, I traded a few of my pitchers for some offense, and slowly crept up to first and won the league.

Unfortunately, the next season, everyone tried to mimic my success from the previous season and I ended up getting shitty pitchers and shitty hitters. I finished dead last. <_<

Lord knows what I'm going to do this season... probably try to find that all-important balance that everyone's seeking...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Here's a question for you guys. Pujols or ARod; who's the non-biased number one pick in a keeper league?

I have the number one pick in a league and I don't want my bias for Albert get in the way. I keep coming up with reasons to pick him over ARod. Are they legit?

Comment

Originally posted by woodsink17@Feb 22 2004, 03:27 PM
                      Here's a question for you guys. Pujols or ARod; who's the non-biased number one pick in a keeper league?

I have the number one pick in a league and I don't want my bias for Albert get in the way. I keep coming up with reasons to pick him over ARod. Are they legit?
                      No. If A-Rod is a SS in your league then he is without a doubt the number one pick.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsink17@Feb 22 2004, 03:27 PM

Ask davhaf...he just picked Albert.

I picked 2nd and went with Arod. Arod is a better pick because you that great offense from the SS position.

Arod's value may diminish slightly if you really does wind up playing third full time.

By the pgrote is looking for you for the pay league.
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I know, I let him know I gotta pull out of that one. Decided two leagues was too many, especially since I start law school in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB+Feb 22 2004, 03:32 PM-->
                            QUOTE(TTB @ Feb 22 2004, 03:32 PM)

Ask davhaf...he just picked Albert.

I picked 2nd and went with Arod. Arod is a better pick because you that great offense from the SS position.

Arod's value may diminish slightly if you really does wind up playing third full time.
                            The only way I could justify it was Pujols is coming into his prime athletic age and has a much better chance to increase his production than ARod. Who knows what type of numbers Albert will put up when he's in his prim lik ARod? I would never even consider it if it weren't a keeper league.

Comment

Working...
                            X